• Ch 24

Haechan went back to the hideout

He opened the door and put his shoes away.
As he was closing the door, he felt a presence behind him.
He quickly looked back, ready to fight.

"Chill-" Renjun said surprised at the sudden reaction. "How the hell did you know I was here-" he stopped talking.
"Never mind. I forgot you're literally Lee Haechan." He chuckled.

"Anyways." Renjun pointed to the couch.
"Come sit. I gotta tell you some stuff."

Haechan looked at him weirdly but still sat down. He put his head back on the couch.

"So.." Renjun began. "Hana woke up from your room but, seems like she didn't know how she got there or what even happen. She said she doesn't even remember when she woke up earlier."

Haechan looked at him. "So she forgot what happened when she opened my door?"

Renjun nodded.
"Speaking of which- why were you acting so weird?"

"Like?"
"I don't know dude. You hugged her and then was nice to her. Then you just started rambling earlier-"

Renjun got cut off by Haechan.
"Okay, okay I get it." His ears turned a bit red.
"I don't know either to be honest..." he sighed.

He honestly didn't.
He wants to believe it was the soulmate effect that made him like that when he saw her
But... there's apart of him that knows it was actually just him.

He missed her.
He did.

"Is... is she okay?" He asked Renjun.
Renjun raised his eyebrows in shock before answering him. "Yea. She's in her room resting. Shotaro is with her." Renjun said, still surprised that he asked that.

Haechan hummed. "That's good."

Renjun scratched his head before taking a deep breathe.

Let's hope I won't die from what I'm about to say.

He looked at Haechan. "Okay. I'm going to be completely honest with you as a friend."

Haechan looked at him confused.

"You need to stop connecting your mom with Hana. I know that's hard. I know. But you just have to stop. I know what just happened might make you more scared or whatever but as you can see, Hana is okay. She's here. She's alive."
He started.

"You need to stop pushing Hana away because you think it'll save her. It won't. Like I've said before Haechan, she's already involved in our world. There's no way she can get out of it. She's your soulmate after all. So stop doing it. Stop trying to act like you don't care about her. That you don't want her in your life. Soulmate effect or not, you do want her. You want her by your side, with you. And I know you know." Renjun said.

Haechan just stayed silent.

"I'm not telling you to forget about what happened to your mom. I'm just... don't get it mixed up okay? Hana is different. Plus, you're her soulmate and our leader for a reason. What happened to her was just... I guess you can say it was a sign for you. A sign letting you know Hana will be okay if something happens. A sign telling you know that it's okay to finally let her in. And as one of your closest friends, I would love to see you finally happy. I really do." Renjun said sincerely.