• ch 8

Haechan was sitting there on the couch looking at her phone he had as he thought about last night

Is she okay? Did shotaro take care of her wound? Is she alive? Is she safe?

That's when he cursed at himself.

This is why I didn't wanna meet you yet. Or literally at all.

Haechan sighed.

I forgot to give back her phone as well.

He sighed once again since he forgot something so dumb.

It's not like Haechan hated soulmates. He just never wanted to meet his because he knew that whoever she was, she would be in danger since he's a mafia member. He didn't want things ending up like his parents.

Haechan once looked forward to meeting his soulmate. But after his parents, he never wanted to meet her. Ever. And if he did, he wanted to stay away from her as much as possible. Or the same thing could happen to her.

"What's got you so deep in thought?" Renjun said as he sat next to him. Renjun is haechans best friend in the gang.

"Nothing. Why are you even here? I thought you were going to head to WayV's house." Haechan said.

"Yea I was, but then I saw my friend deep in thought so I decided to chill with him." Renjun shrugged. "And I'm pretty sure I know what you're thinking as well."

Haechan turned his head to Renjun as he raised an eyebrow. "Really now?"

Renjun nodded. "You were thinking about her, weren't you." He pointed at haechans wrist that had her name on it.

Haechan sighed. He couldn't fool Renjun even if he wanted to.

"You know...it's not my place to say anything, but what happened to your parents isn't gonna happen to her." Renjun said to him.

"And how can you be so sure. Can you suddenly look into the future?" Haechan said sarcastically.

"No. But I do know you. And I know you wouldn't let that happen. Besides, Hana isn't your mom. Hana seems like a strong girl." Renjun assured him. "You finally met her and yet, you already hurt her. I've only known her for basically an hour, but she seems like a chill girl. You should give her a chance."

Haechan shook his head. "Not happening. If anything, I wanna stay away from her."

Renjun sighed. "You know that they'll be after her more since you killed one of them." He looked at Haechan. "Don't you wanna be there to protect her,"

Haechan looked at the ceiling. "She can protect herself. Besides, shotaro is her brother."

"I don't know if you remember, but shotaro is a medic for us. He's not a fighter." Renjun rolled his eyes.