Chapter 55

I used the bathroom to quickly get myself ready and then smiled as I ran into Fred in the hall. I put my hands around his shoulder pressing my lips against his. When I didn't feel him kiss back I pulled away staring up at him hurt.

I grabbed his arm pulling him into our room and locking the door behind me. "What the hell is wrong? Tell me what I did? Last night we were fine, we had sex, and now everything's different. Did I do something." He sighed looking up at me, "Clara, I think maybe we should just take a small break." My stomach dropped and it felt like my world stopped spinning for a moment. I ran through everything that would make him come to this decision and stopped when I replayed last night.

"You watched those fucking memories didn't you?" When he didn't answer I scoffed angrily running my hands through my hair trying to blink back tears. "I just didn't realize how much actually happened to you Clara." I threw my arms in the air, "I told you everything." He shook his head, "those memories were so much deeper. I'm doing this out of love, I am not enough for you. You need someone who can help you through this. You can't expect me too when you don't even tell me the entire truth." I bit my lip, "OH MY GOD! Are you kidding me. I'm too much for you to handle now?"

He pushed himself off the bed, "I just think you need someone better." I wiped off a tear, "you were the best thing that ever happened to me." He sighed, "I'm sorry Clara. I know you can't see this but I'm doing it for you." I opened the door for him and slammed it shut as soon as he was out.

I clasped my hand over my mouth sliding down the wall feeling more lost than ever. It had to have been half an hour later when I heard a light knock. I saw Sirius walk in and sit down beside me on the ground. I put my head in my hands trying to look away from him. "Fred and George watched my memories." I whispered. He nodded, "Remus told me." I scoffed, "they lied to me last night. Now Fred broke up with me." Sirius looked at me as if this was news to him meaning Fred hadn't told anyone. "Oh Clara. I'm so sorry." I took a deep breath turning to Sirius, "do I look alright?" He nodded, "you look beautiful dear." I pushed myself up, "this little pity move is probably the least terrible thing that's happened to me the last few years. This should be hurting him more than me." Sirius gave me a small smile, "damn right Clara." He held his arms open holding onto me tightly, "he doesn't know what he's losing." I took a deep breath, giving my face one more quick wipe. "Let's go have some breakfast."

I pulled my chair out at the table and everyone seemed normal, reassuring me no one knew that we broke up. I ate quickly and then washed my plate grabbing my coat. "Let's go kids." Molly shouted. I met her at the fireplace and Remus pulled me aside. "Sirius told me about Fred." I nodded, "I'll be fine." He gave me a small smile, "write often, we miss you more than you know." I put my arms around him leaning my head on his chest. "Be brave Clara, like you always are." I sighed, "I love you." He kissed my forehead, "I love you more."

I stepped into the fireplace throwing down floo powder and arriving at the platform. I saw Molly hugging Fred goodbye and had to keep from rolling my eyes. I felt a dog brush against my leg, and looked up to see Madeye standing beside it. "Go in there," Madeye pointed to a side room. Harry was now behind me, and the dog who I now figured out was Sirius followed us in. I watched as the dog quickly grew back into Sirius lol and now being at the platform the thought of leaving him left a sharp pain in my chest. "What's wrong Clara?" He asked opening his arms for me. o"I don't want to leave you guys." I felt his hand on the back of my head, "you'll be just fine dear. I already miss you. Remember keep your head up high, stay safe and be smart." I nodded slowly letting go as he turned to Harry.

I stepped back as they spoke, and peaked my head up when I heard Sirius whisper my name. "Alright, Clara, Harry, take care of each other." I nodded, "I love you." He smiled, "I love you most, you're gonna be just fine." Harry held out his arm for me as we left the room, and Madeye stopped us. "Be safe this year. Clara can I have a minute?" I looked at madeye and truly every time I saw him I thought of last year the thought of the fake madeye grabbing my wrists and forcing me to the graveyard made me want to run faster than I had ever before.