Chapter 54

As night approached I found Fred and George hanging out in their room. George smiled standing up, "I'll give you guys a bit." He gave me a small hug as he left the room.

"Hey love." Fred whispered offering his hand to pull me onto the bed. I lay my head on his chest, as he placed his hand softly against the side of my face. "I'm guessing that meeting didn't go well." I shook my head, "Madeye reminded me in front of everyone I had no family left, and then told me I was in danger." Fred sighed, "what about your sister?" I turned to face him, "she's not my sister, and she's definitely not family."

He nodded, "you're going to be all right." I shook my head, "how can you be sure of that?" He kissed my forehead, "because you're the love of my life, and I'm not letting anything else happen to you." I closed my eyes, "I don't want anything else to happen either."

——
Our last night at home was approaching we sat together in the living room while the adults made us our last dinner. I had my back propped up against Fred and he carefully ran his fingers through my hair. We were simply just talking, I was mostly listening. Everyone was excited to go back, I was excited but at the same time I wasn't. The thought of facing Cho, and all of Cedric's other friends terrified me.

"Dinner," we heard Molly call. I used Fred to help me stand up, and we made our way in. I sat between him and Sirius. Everyone's laughs surrounded me, this moment here was everything to me. I didn't want it to end.

As the plates were being cleared Fred grabbed my hand sneaking us away from dish duty. We walked up every flight of stairs until we were at the highest level. I pushed open the first door we saw noting the door read "regulus."

The bed was large and immediately Fred threw me onto it. I laughed sliding my shirt off my body. He lay directly over top of me. Placing kisses all over my face. My body tingled as he ran his fingers along my arms. I clamped my hands around holding tightly onto his back as he began slowly rising and falling. I tipped my head back, as he pressed his lips against the side of my neck.

He let out a big breath falling down next to me. "I love you Clara." I smiled, "really? I couldn't tell." I felt his breath right beside my ear, "you better go down before me, so Sirius and Remus don't murder me." I tensed at the word murder, but regardless pushed myself up quietly walking down the stairs. "What were you doing on the top floor all alone?" George questioned me as I began to walk into my room. I smiled, "exploring." He scoffed, "exploring Fred's body." I opened my mouth in shock and Ron poked his head out the door laughing. I rolled my eyes sitting down on Fred's bed and moments later I heard him come down. "Hello brother." George said.

Fred winked sitting down beside me. "All nighter brother?" George asked. Fred automatically nodded, "you in Clara?" I shook my head laying down, "I'm tired, have fun."

It was only a few hours later when I heard voices from downstairs. It sounded like more than just Fred and George so I quickly made my way down stopping dead in my tracks when I saw Remus holding my memories and the twins beside the pensive. "Did you guys watch those?" I whispered. Remus turned to me, "no they just found them and simply asked me what they were." Fred barely met my eyes, and I slowly nodded, and Remus nodded towards the stairs. "Back to bed, all of you."

I grabbed Fred's hand as we made our way back
upstairs, and I could tell something was different just by the way he held it. I lay down and he did the same, but kept a noticeable difference from me. "Goodnight Freddie," I whispered. He forced a fake smile, "night Clara."

When I woke up early the next morning I pressed my hand on his back slowly rocking him awake. "You need to get ready, we're leaving today." He pushed his blankets off not even speaking a word to me. "Is everything alright?" I asked the two of them as George was now awake. George nodded, "he's not a morning person, you should know that by now." I let out a small hum standing up and leaving the room.