24. Crushes for Dummies (Edited)

Comenzar desde el principio

He opened his mouth. Then closed it. "...Why would I do that?" He asked finally.

"I don't know. Maybe they could be someone different?"

Hunter thought for a moment. "I'll give them a shot." He yawned. "Tomorrow."

Hunter sat up yawning. He got out of his bed putting on his cloak. He left his mask on his desk. "I feel like I should be doing something important..." He pondered tiredly.

He hears your laugh. Hunter paused and sighed. "Right."

He left his room and went over to you. You were reading a book. You looked up and saw him approaching you. You jumped up, ready to run like Sonic the Hedgehog. Whatever or whoever that was. Maybe he was from the human world? You didn't know.

Hunter grabbed your arm and pulled you to his room.

"I didn't do it!" You blurt.

Hunter turned and faced you, crossing his arms. A bored expression on his face. (Pssst...Picture above)

On another unrelated note, you found the action weirdly attractive.

"So. You like me."

Your face felt on fire. Was it on fire? No. No. How would that even be possible? You avoided looking at him.

"Whaaaat? Noooo!"

Hunter sighed and looked away. "I. I like you too."

You perk up. "You do??"

Hunter nodded and you started rambling. "I was super scared to tell you cause you didn't seem to like people! I mean-- date them! I mean-- show any interest in them!"

Hunter raised his eyebrows and laughed. He grabbed your hand, pulling it slightly. "Come on." He said.

You two walked around town, Hunter looking down the whole time. I don't see the point in Steve's 'give them a shot' plan. We're doing the same things we originally did as friends except holding hands.

The two of you went back to the castle and stood outside it. Steve came out. "Ahh! Look at you two lovebirds!"

Hunter looked at you. "Could you get my mask from my room?"

"Oh! Sure!!"

You teleported away and Hunter looked at Steve. "I don't see the point in Steve's 'give them a shot' plan. We're doing the same things we originally did as friends except holding hands." He said in a forced whisper.

"Give it time, okay?"

"Fine. But if-- Hey, Y/n!" He said quickly. You gave him his mask, but he didn't put it on.

"What were you guys talking about?" You asked, smiling.

"Nothing." He said, shaking his head. You grabbed his hand. He turned a bit red.

"Okay." You said.

It was quiet for a moment. "Are you okay?" You asked Hunter.

Hunter looked away, nodding. You touched his arm. "No, you're not. What's wrong?"

Steve snickered. "I know, Y/n. Why don't you kiss his cheek? Maybe he'll feel better then!"

You looked at Steve, then Hunter. "Do you want me to?"

He blushed. "I don't care. Do what you want." He said, looking away. You shrugged and leaned in. Your lips landed on his cheek. Hunter's eyes widened, his face turning a darker pink and he turned away.

"I-I'll be right back!" He said before speed walking across the bridge. He went off trail as soon as he got off solid ground and leaned against a tree. You ran over.

"Did I do something wrong?" You asked.

He shook his head. "No..It's fine. I'm fine!" Hunter avoided your eyes and you just...lost it.

"You're not fine! I clearly did s-something wrong! Now you're really acting w-weird! It's like you really don't like me like that!"

Hunter looked at you and his pupils dilated smaller slightly as soon as he saw your tears. "And...F-Friends or not friends, y-you should be telling me what's wrong! I'll tell you what's wrong! Do you not trust me?" You asked softly. "I trust you..."

Hunter sighed. He wiped your tears away with his thumb. "Listen...Y/n..I don't know how I feel about you...I don't know if I like you..or if you're just a friend to me...When I heard you liked me I was so confused..." Hunter swallowed. "Did I like you? Did I not like you? Steve told me I should give you a shot and I did because I thought it would uncover how I felt about you..I didn't mean to make you cry.."

"So...you d-don't like me?" You asked.

"I don't know.." He replied.

You felt anger. "So you were leading me on?" You snapped. Hunter sat down hard, burying his face in his knees.

"I don't know! I don't know if I like you! I don't know if I don't! I don't know if what I'm doing is wrong and I don't know shit about relationships!" He lifted his head and looked at you. His eyes were glossy with tears. "I don't know! I never had a crush! I don't know anyone who would have a crush on me besides you! And you probably hate me now!"

You sat next to him. "You think it's easy for me? I never had a crush either...I had to go to Kikimora! When I told her how I felt when I'm around you, she said 'That's a crush'. I didn't know how to handle that, Hunter! So I ran away from you. I. I'm sorry, Hunter. I didn't mean to get angry. I was just...frustrated."

"I'm sorry too." Hunter murmured. "I should have talked to you first."

You laughed. "We both made mistakes, huh?"

Hunter smiled. "I guess we did.."

You looked down. "It's okay. You don't have to date me if you don't want to."

Hunter blushed. A lot. "What's weird is that..I think I want to date you."

You laughed falling on your back. "Do you like me? Do you not like me?"

Hunter laid on his back with you. "I do."

You looked at him. "You do?"

He grabbed your hand. "Yeah. I do."