(110) We Will Get Married - Moceit

Start from the beginning

Patton was guided out of the car and told to put his glasses on again, seeing he was covered by beautiful big trees every side. "Wow... Jany-bear, this is beautiful!" Patton cheered as he was being guided by his boyfriend. They didn't hold hands - they knew they couldn't - Janus just walked slightly in front of Patton and gave him an expectant look every time he turned. That's how the two had to act in public unfortunately, but as soon as they were alone they could be as intimate as they wanted. "Where are you guiding me?"

"You'll see..." And with a few more turns the pair reached a secluded platform beside a running river. The water was shallow enough for Janus to reach down and splash his boyfriend's feet. Patton, however, was more concerned with taking in the scenery until he was attacked by Janus' kisses. "Do you know why this place is special?"

"No, why?"

"It's where my father proposed to my mother." The words were spoken so gently, Janus' glabella laying on Patton's forehead as he smiled. "I always dreamt of proposing to my one true love here too, to continue the family legacy..." Both of Patton's hands were being cradled by Janus' and the whole world was quiet apart from birds chirping in the distance. Patton had to steal a kiss since his boyfriend was being so sappy.

Unfortunately, reality hadn't caught up with the couple's hopes yet. "I would love for that to happen, but there's no use as we can't get married." It felt illegal for Patton to disrupt the beautiful, quiet moment as Janus opened an eye and looked upset at that reminder. His hands moved to snake around Patton's waist and he spoke even softer than before.

"We can't get married yet. But trust me, as soon as we can I'll marry you Patton. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else." Both men smiled at that, enjoying each other's embrace for a while until Janus spoke again. "I'm sure there'll be a time we can live together like everyone else - whether that be next year or when we're in our seventies. Whatever happens - I want to give you a life you'd love."

Patton burst into a goofy smile at that, understanding what Janus was insinuating. It was still illegal for Patton to ever be a parent even though he really wanted to be. I mean, he was majoring in elementary education for God's sake, and he'd rather be trusted with 30 kids than just 1 or 2 that he and his lover adored? But now, now he could see Janus' smile when he spoke of the future they'd both have together - and he knew he wanted that future too. No matter how long it took.

"So..." The heat in Janus' cheeks brought Patton back to what his lover was saying, his voice sounded more nervous as he opened both eyes and looked into the grey orbs Patton owned. "Patton Alexander Ciasto. My Pac-Man, my favourite, my amazing... Will you marry me someday?"

Patton of course had to nod and kiss Janus again, whispering a yes the caused Janus to erupt into a large grin. They were so happy to finally be calling each other fiances.

*****

Friday, 26th of June 2015

The music was starting, everyone was in their seats, Janus was in a yellow and blue flowery tie he picked out just for this occasion. He was jittery and jumpy and all around excited to see his lover. It only took just under 4 years for this moment to happen but it felt like eternity - an eternity that would lead to a much better eternity.

Janus cleared his throat as the doors opened, trying to cool his face down as the reality of the moment dawned on him. And there he was - dressed in a simple white and pastel blue suit, with gold details, his favourite four-legged friend to walk him down the aisle. Yes, the pair decided to adopt a dog together as soon as they moved in together for college. Anyway, Patton looked absolutely perfect. He was smiling wide and his cheeks were pink - just like they were when the pair first met. As soon as Patton reached the alter their furry friend was escorted away by one of the best men and Janus grabbed onto his soon-husband's hands. He gave him a kiss on the forehead before the vows were spoken.

"Do you - Janus Karl Swan - take Patton to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

Janus smiled at his soulmate with absolute glee. "I do."

"And do you - Patton Alexander Ciasto - take Janus to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

There was no hesitation in Patton's voice as he spoke. "I do, more than anything I do."

The kiss was as wonderful as the first, and it had been long awaited. But finally they were husbands, they were together, and in a couple of years they could begin a small family they adored too. But that was for the future to worry about. Right now they were held by each other and kissing in front of their friends and family and they didn't have to hide it. They could double-bind their surnames and tell strangers they had a husband - they could kiss each other whenever and less people could speak about it. They'd be able to be in love.

"I love you." Janus whispered as he separated from the kiss. His eyes were tearing up and Patton's eyes were glistening.

"I love you too."