Within a few minutes left to arrive at the airport, the song Bad Liar begins to blast in the car. I bounce excitedly in the seat. "The last one for the trip!"

Erden's eyes crunch as he seems trying to recognize the song.

'So look me in the eyes, tell me what you see.'

'Perfect paradise tearing at the seams.'

I slightly tap his arm, signaling him to sing with me. But he moves uncomfortably in his seat.

Ignoring him, I scream out at the most intense part.

'I'm a bad liar!'

'Bad liar!'

Strangely, I notice Erden's hands tighten on the steering wheel.

'Now you know, you're free to-'

"Look, Hazel." He suddenly voices out, interrupting me.

My eyes narrow.

"I want to tell you something next time we meet."

My forehead puckers. "What happened suddenly?"

"Everything is fine, don't worry. It's just something I want to make you aware of." He replies shortly, his eyes focused on the road, avoiding my gaze.

My eyes squint suspiciously. Is he willing to confess something?

"What? You heard the song and you remembered something?" I fake out a laugh, trying to ease the situation for him to avow. "Are you a bad liar?"

He inhales a deep breath. "I will tell you when we meet tomorrow." He finally looks at me and smiles lightly.

"God." I puff impatiently. "I will wonder about it till tomorrow."

"Nah, have a good time with your parents, and you will forget about it." As he says so, I realise that we have arrived in front of the airport, with people removing their luggage from the cars parked by the road.

Disregarding my inquisitiveness, I look back at Erden. I can't refrain myself from giving him a quick kiss on his cheek. "Thank you so much for today." He stares at me softly, caressing the side of my cheek.

Though Erden wanted to accompany me and drive all of us back home instead of having to pay for a taxi, it's preferable that he doesn't because of the uncomfortable situation with Lexi and my parents.

Grateful for the wonderful drive, I proceed out of the machine. I wave him goodbye till his car disappears across the road, still wondering what's the mystery.

Tomorrow isn't far... Not far at all.

The most rowdy place I know is an airport. Kids crying, people weeping and arguing over their delayed flights, or hurrying to and fro around, fearful of missing their flight. People are hurriedly searching through their bags, hunting for their belongings, which form long lineups at the departures. Some passengers are waiting in the lounge for their flight while security checks are being completed. And many individuals like me are sitting on the chairs, impatiently waiting for their closed one, while they are picking up their checked luggage.

Bored after twenty minutes of lingering around, I decide to scroll down my Facebook homepage to fiddle about.

"Haziiii baby!" My head flicks up when I suddenly register my mother's voice. Elated, I immediately run into her arms, which she opened widely for me. "Mom!" I hug her tightly, smelling her soft fragrance after more than a week. "I missed you."

"We missed you too, Hazel." She caresses my back before pulling out of the hug, pointing at her rolling suitcases. "That's why we remembered you and bought you some gifts!"

My eyes stretch a little on seeing that her suitcases has multiplied in numbers. But if they contain gifts for me, it doesn't matter.

"Your mom as usual made more shopping than business." Leon comments. I laugh and quickly hug him as well.

As I take a look at Lexi, who is standing by the side like a model, a little feeling of guilt pinches me. Does she really don't care about Erden? I try my best to smile at her, but she quickly looks away as usual.

"Oh, don't worry about her." Leon says as he noticed. "Lexi has been sulking those days. We really made her do the advanced check-up for her lower abdominal pain. She thought she will get away with her excuse and peacefully enjoy in Singapore." He chuckles, proud that he taught her a lesson.

I can't help but to grin. My doubts were right then.

After we reached home, my parent and Lexi went to their respective rooms to rest a bit from a tiring voyage. In the afternoon, after a delicious family meal, we all settled in the saloon to talk and discuss, while unloading the gifts from the luggage.

"Oh, that's so pretty." I giggle happily and put the red corset-dress in front of me, showing my mom.

Pleased, her eyes sparkle in happiness. "I knew it would be perfect for you!"

Smiling to myself, I sway my body a little while still holding the dress against me, admiring the refinement of the velvety cloth in its deep wine-red color.

"Lexi, that's the black one I bought for you." My mom says to the blonde as she removes the exact same dress as mine from the suitcase. Lexi, who is sitting on the other couch, turns a deaf ear as she is focused on her phone. For some reasons, she has been totally silent today. She doesn't say anything to comment savagely or even to snap at me.

When she doesn't respond, Leon groans. "Lexi! She is talking to you!"

Rolling her eyes, she raises her head. "Just leave it in there!" She gestures quickly to the suitcase before diving back in her phone.

I sigh desperately, placing my dress on the couch. "Lexi, come on, join us. We are having a good time." I welcome her with the intention of making a friendly move.

But she slams her phone on the couch, gritting her teeth at me. "For God' sake, can you stop playing the good girl!"

I'm bug-eyed by her abrupt reaction, just like our parents. Even if I try each time, Lexi will never corporate with me. "Don't need to be rude to us if you're in a bad mood." Nevertheless, I reply calmly, taking a seat beside my mom.

In fury, she soars up from the sofa. "Think about what you did yesterday that would put me in such a state!"

(°U°)

Heyaaa, did you enjoy the 'medium long-drive?'❤

Stay tuned for the next chapter. It's going to be significant!