Investigating...in a closet?

3rd pov

"Hahahaha! You idiot!" Shikadai threw a mud ball at Naruto. The blond sat in the mud puddle with mud all over making a new mud ball.

"Wow...I haven't seen Shikadai play outside in so long...Now that he has someone to play with...then again...it just had to be Naruto..." shikamaru sighed. Kiba looked outside and smiled at Naruto.

"I'm glad he is making a friend...even though it us my best friend..." kiba laughed.

"Heh well you know what they say...Friendships last for eternity...even through your kids..." shikamaru smirked.

"Yeah...and I'm glad I could see Naruto be himself again..." Kiba looked outside to see the two all dirty.

"You should go and get them back in here...they shouldn't be in the rain. They'll become sick." Shikamaru sat at the table.

Kiba nodded and headed outside.

"Oi! You guys should come inside now! AH!" Kiba was hit by a mudball. He looked up to see Naruto flip him off.

"Naruto! What are a child?" Kiba scraped the mud off.

"Heh funny...im just showing Shikadai what we use to do in highschool." Naruto explained.

"Yeah, brother Naruto is way more fun than some stupid video game." Shikadai smirked.

"At least your not lazy....and when did you call him your brother?" Kiba asked.

"Since yesterday." Shikadai helped Naruto up.

"Huh...well you two have to take your dirty clothes off and enter through the back door now...take a warm shower and long sleeved pj's...you'll be sick if you don't." Kiba sighed.

"What a drag...since when did you turn into Father?" Shikadai and Naruto walked over to the back gate.

Kiba took offense e to be compared to Shikamaru.

Time skip

"Ow! Father stop!!!" Shikadai pushed away from shikamaru.

"I know you won't wash yourself properly! So I'm just going to wash your face!" Shikamaru nagged.

"Wow...since when did Shikamaru get so...motherly..." Naruto stepped back.

"Since we had Shikadai...he always said he would never have a kid because he's too lazy...now he reminds me of his own mother..." kiba laughed.

Naruto smiled at the two fighting.

"I never knew you two would still be together...I guess you can't break a bond that fast..."

Kiba looked at him and waked over to the kitchen to grab a coffee. Naruto followed him to grab one as well.

"Naruto...do you...blame me?...you know...for...what I did..." kiba looked at the blond seriously. Naruto only looked at the man and then down to his mug.

"I don't know...I...I dont know who to blame anymore...it was nobody's fault...I guess.." Naruto took a sip of his coffee.

Kiba only frowned and placed his mig down.

"I...I guess I'll go and see if Shikadai's pj's are warm enough..." kiba walked away while Naruto nodded.

Kiba walked into Shikadai's room and placed better pj's. He then went over to his room and shut the door. He opened his wardrobe to see his cop uniform. He then moved it to see an old box. The man opened it and looked at his old things.

He then came across his old notebook and pen. Kiba grabbed it and read the first page.

Tears came rolling down on the man. He squeezed the pen and crumbled the page. Kiba held his stuff close to him as he face was soaked with his own tears. He sat down on his knees and cried.