Chapter 40

Smokescreen's blue eyes looked around at all of us gathered, smiling at us. Every single one of them smiled back.

"It is good to have you back Smokescreen," Optimus said. He was the first to move, offering his hand to help Smokescreen up. My guardian gratefully took it.

"It's great to be back, have my own thoughts, do what I want. Primus, this is nice." Smokescreen grinned madly. "Thank you Lora."

"I would do it again if I had to," I said.

"Let's not make a habit out of this."

I chuckled. "Agreed."

Scorn embraced Smokescreen, much to the latter's surprise.

Smokescreen was hesitant at first, but returned the embrace. "Sorry about fighting you."

Scorn pulled away, studying his face. "None of that matters, only that we have you back. And that is better than anything."

"Scorn speaks for all of us," Grimlock agreed, giving Smokescreen a nod, the other Dinobots doing to same, smiles on their faces. Predaking even gave Smokescreen a nod of respect.

"Yes yes yes, a lovely family reunion," Unicron spat. "Makes me all tingly inside." He shivered.

Tired, the Autobots stepped forward and branshed their weapons. The Dinobots stepped up beside them. I moved to the front, calling my staff back to me. Smokescreen moved up with me. It was beyond nice to have him beside me again.

The Fallen pulled a dark energon staff of his own to his hands, more wicked looking than my own. He plunged it into the ground, Unicron clones once again forming from nothing. They formed ranks around the two enemies, just as lethal as them.

Everyone tensed, ready to spring. I knew what I needed to do.

I double tapped my staff against the ground.

A ripple of energon moved backwards to my allies. Every wound healed in an instant, and all of their energy came back to them. In addition, a new figure appeared beside me.

Alpha Trion couldn't hide the shock as he looked at his physical body. It was him, with energon highlighting his features. I could sense the shock coming from the other side at seeing the prime.

I passed my teacher a side smile. He returned me one of his own.

"You have really grown," he said, gratitude thick in his voice. His two twin swords flared into his hands.

Then we charged.

Fierce roars from all echoed through the air. As one, we attacked the enemy head on. Without any prior commands, everyone started to clear a path to Unicron. Optimus was the first one upon him.

The star saber descended as Optimus leapt up, bringing the sword down with all his might. Unicron blocked it with ease, but Grimlock's attack caused him to have to move. Alpha Trion blocked the Fallen from interfering, the two fighting on the grudge they held for one another. They had a score to settle, and no one was going to stop them.

I leapt into the air, using my orb to bring me higher. Unicron blocked my swing, also having the time he needed to shove Grimlock back. The Dinobot was tackled by a clone, forcing him to leave this fight.

I landed on the ground, spinning as I sent a wave of energon towards Primus' brother. Unicron's sword sliced it in two. My attack moved into the ranks of the clones, taking a few out, but causing Arcee and Slash to dive out of the way. I scolded myself and made sure not to make the same mistake.

Optimus' own arc of power was much more coordinated, but it too was cut away. It gave me the time I needed to get back into the air. 

I swung at Unicron's head, sending off another wave of power with my staff. Unicron narrowly ducked the attack, the power skimming him. The wound was merely a surface scratch, nothing lethal in the slightest. Unicron ignored the wound, his own attack coming towards me. In the air, I could do nothing to avoid it.