Chapter 5

As soon as I stepped foot of the the Iron Will, I was smothered in hugs.

"Hey guys," I mumbled, grinning into someone's shoulder.

"We missed you so much," Miko said, her pigtails in my face. Someone's elbow was digging into my side, but I didn't say anything, just enjoying being here with all of my friends.

"I was only gone for a few hours," I chuckled.

"It felt like forever," June said as everyone else stepped away. I was pulled into a hug by the nurse, but didn't care, I would've hugged her anyways. "You all good?" She asked me as we separated.

"A little thirsty, but yeah," I assured her.

"I'll go get you some water," June said, smiling. With that, she turned and walked away, heading towards a bunker labeled 'E'. I turned and looked to the Autobots and Dinobots gathered around us. I smiled as I looked at them, happy to see that they were all okay. Even though I had been told that they were all okay, I felt a lot better seeing it for myself.

"Let's head in," Agent Fowler said. I hadn't noticed him standing in the crowd. "There's some stuff I need to catch you all up on."

I nodded my head and moved with the group towards bunker E.

"Glad that you're back," Arcee said as she walked by me, pausing at the large bunker door.

"Me too."

"Okay," Agent Fowler said, getting everyone's attention. He stood on the top of a new elevated platform, one that I knew Miko, Jack, Raf, and myself would claim as our own. "We've been monitoring Jasper, to see if the Decepticons would make a move against the town, but I just got word a few seconds ago that they left. After searching the rubble, they just flew away."

"So, is it safe for us to go back?" I asked, motioning to June, Jack, Miko, Raf and myself. "Would they put two and two together and realize that we're in Jasper?"

"The Deceptions have bigger targets," Optimus said.

"But would they be able to find us? They found the base, and by now they'll probably know that you guys escaped," Raf asked, worry in his voice. "Wouldn't they turn to finding us if they can't find you anymore?"

"That's why I'm giving you all these," Agent Fowler said. He held his phone up in the air, letting all of us see it. "They can't be traced, so the cons won't be able to use human frequencies to find you."

"And as soon as I have a communications system up and running," Ratchet said, looking up from a makeshift computer system. "They will be linked into it too, making it easier for you four to communicate back here."

"How much longer will that be?" Grimlock asked.

"A few hours, at most," Ratchet shrugged. "It's the least of my issues, the ground bridge is going to be the most problematic. I don't have most of the supplies I had when I made ours; it'll take a while."

"That's time we can't afford to take," Ultra Magnus said.

"We're going to have to take it," Ratchet said. "Even with Rafael's help, it's going to take a while to get the ground bridge up and running."

"Why don't you scavenger pieces from the old one?" I asked. "The Decepticons have left, so we can head back."

"There's not going to be much I can grab, but it'll have to make due."

"I would wait a bit longer first," Agent Fowler said. "The cons just packed up and left."

"Even with the supplies from ours, a lot will be damaged and destroyed; the process will still take time," Ratchet sighed. I was pretty sure that the thoughts that were running through my head were running through everyone else's too; the more time we were without a ground bridge, the more time the Decepticons had to get what they needed done. We were at a disadvantage, and both sides knew it.