Chapter 35

I opened the front door, closing it softly behind me.

"Lora, who was that?" June asked, concern on her face as she walked up to me, moving away from the front window.

I couldn't help my smile. "I'll explain it all, but first, we need to get the base on the phone."

•••••••••••••

Jack, June, Miko, Raf, and I all sat crammed in the living room, with everyone back at the base and Agent Fowler on the phone. Literally everyone was speechless when I finished telling them everything Smokescreen had told me. I could have sworn I heard crickets.

"Solus Prime is currently in the same stage as Alpha Trion is?" Arcee asked, the first to speak.

"Yes, from what I gathered. The only difference is that she's not inside the amulet, and only Smokescreen can see her," I said. "I don't know about you all, but I'm going to do everything I can to get her out of the state."

"I agree," Alpha Trion said. "I can not believe that she has been held between worlds for more then a millennium. It is a fate worse that death."

"I agree. She deserves our help just as much as Smokescreen." I nodded my head.

"I will see what I can figure out," Alpha Trion said. Like that, he vanished into the depths of the amulet.

"How exactly are we going to get Smokescreen back?" Bulkhead asked. "I mean, it's not like there's a manual on theses sorts of things."

"Honestly, I'm not sure myself, but I'm hoping when I destroy the amulet, he gets freed," I said. I hadn't had much time to think this all over.

"What if the amulet is the only thing keeping him here?" Raf asked. He leaned around Jack to look at me. "As soon as we cut the tie, he might very well die all over again."

We all went silent again.

"Ratchet?" Jack asked, looking for a science view on this.

"I don't know," Ratchet said, just as clueless as the rest of us. "It could go either way. Both amulets' powers were hidden and largely unknown. I wish I knew more."

"The amulet of death's powers and their side effects are virtually unknown, compared to the amulet of life," Optimus said. "We will have to figure out what action to take when we get to that. For now, we must focus on upcoming battle. Unicron must not be allowed to rise, whether it is of his own will or Megatron's. In eight days, we must win, whether it ends with the amulet's destruction or Megatron's retreat. He must not be allowed to succeed, or else this planet may very well be doomed."

"I don't know about you all, but I feel like we've already had to do this before," Miko said. "Oh wait, we did, a year ago. Last time that ended with Optimus losing his memories, joining the cons, Jack and Arcee going to Cybertron with the key to Vector Sigma, and the bots almost getting slaughtered by King Con. Do we seriously have to go through that again?"

"Miko, I do not believe that events will play out as they did last time," Optimus said.

Bee said something.

"Bee's right; we have a space bridge this time, and more allies," Arcee said.

"And we won't have to team up with Megatron, Ratchet already has the coordinates," Jack added.

"And the amulet," I finished.

"Bridging into a sentient being is still a terrible idea," Ratchet grumbled.

"It doesn't matter our feelings on this matter, we need to do what needs to be done," Ultra Magnus said.

"Like shoulder pads said, we've got this," Wheeljack said, clearly not concerned.