I walk into the firehouse beside Kelly who's carrying Sophie who's talking his ear off. Or telling him everything his missed. He places her on the ground when we get to the common room she instantly runs over hugging mouch "Aunty Trudy said hello she even smile like this" Sophie tells him before she's lifted up into Cruz's arms being tossed in the air. Her laughs of delight gaining everyone's attention making everyone including me. She's passed around saying hi to everyone. "Thank god your here the new guy he doesn't know how to cook" Herman said making me laugh and walk towards the kitchen, I knew Sophie was fine. She knew that if the loud annoying bell her words, went off to stand on a chair. She was meant to sit but it ended up with her standing so she could be tall. I pull pots and pans out. "What are we feeling boys" "anything" Mouch said now leaning beside Herman on the counter. I smile nodding walking into the pantry. I decided to make them steak and pasta.

"So have have you been Penny" Herman asks taking bits of the salad I put together while the steak and pasta cook. "I've been good" I nod "Voight doing the usual tomorrow" Mouch asks also stealing bits of the salad. "Probably we haven't really spoken about my birthday" I shrug draining the pasta and putting it in the sauce. "Why is there a small child out there" a guy ask I can only imagine this is the one causing problems "that's Sophie honorary fire girl" Mouch said with an aura of authority "where her parents we aren't just babysitters" "hey don't go after Soph shes the light in all this" Herman immediately said. The new guy storms away not even noticing me. "Oh my god it smells amazing" Stella said causing me to smile "little longer on the pasta the steak and hot chips are almost done" "you spoil us" she hugs me making me laugh "never leave us" Sylvie said "she's serious he can't cook" Stella adds "I can't i have to cook for Henry, Justin and Flynn" I glance at my phone seeing Adam and Jay have messaged me asking for food, Al also messaged claiming they were annoying everyone.

I put the pasta in a bowl, steaks on a plate, chips on a plate beside the salad all on the bench. I was about to tell them it's all ready when Sophie came in crying. She had everyone's attention as jumped into Kelly's arms him being the closest and her needing comfort. I rush over to her she immediately leans over wanting to be in my arms, the moment she sees me. I hold her tight more worried than anything, everyone watching concerned and worried. She was still holding Kelly's hand not letting go. I rub her back. "Gracie" I try to calm her but it only makes her snuggle into me "what happened firework" I ask I don't stop rubbing her back. She looks up at me tears still dripping down her face "that man was mean" this got everyone's attention I notice Boden even standing in the doorway watching carefully. I sit her on the counter "you remember what daddy does" I knew it was easier for her to understand this if I asked. I knew everyone was confused "he gets the bad guys" she was slowly relaxing, as she is talking about him. "What about in the room with the magic mirror that you always play with Adam in what do they do in there" "they ask questions daddy said if he ask really kindly they will tell him what happened" she said smiling I could see everyone smirking knowing what that meant, but the sweet innocent girl thought that meant only asking questions. "Can you be brave and tell me what happened like daddy makes people do in the magic mirror room" she wipes her eyes "Ottie was pretending I was driving we were going really fast" I smile "cruz he jumped out he couldn't control the water it was too strong but I could I was really strong" she was so certain "cruz came inside so it was just Ottie and I was telling him about the police chase I went on with Rin" i of course knew it wasn't a real one they never left the parking lot just flicked the sirens on and allowed her to turn the steering wheel. "He said I was just like you mummy a firefighter and a police woman" I smile nodding "Ottie had to go toilet so me a M were running around the floor when I noticed him. I said hello cause you always told me to be nice" I nod just listening watching as she fiddles with her skirt "he told me to stop running so I said sorry" she shakes her head tears building up in her eyes "he told me to go away" she held my hand staring me in the eye. Sure it wasn't bad but to a two year old it's the worst. "I trip over hurting my knee it really hurt Mumma" she pulls her knee to her pulling her tights up I see a graze nothing serious but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt "I just wanted a hug I started crying and he said I was fine to stop being a baby I not a baby mumma I'm a big girl" she cried out I pull her to my chest "I sorry" "you didn't do anything wrong" Boden said I could tell he wasn't the only one who was mad "well hey you got lot and lots and lots of hugs from everyone" she giggles "aaaand the food is ready you want to tell them" she nods standing up on a bar stood "FOOD READY" she shouts throwing her hands up everyone moves to get food. I knew they were going to talk to the guy later but right now everyone just wanted to eat. She was in Matt's arms holding a bowl "pasta mumma makes the best pasta" Sophie said "she makes everything amazing" Herman added making me laugh embarrassed "my mother and grandmother taught me I kept cooking in their memory and here we are" I shrug "do you want meat Soph I can cut it" "ohh and coocumba" I nod put a steak and some salad on a plate going to sit down. I smile seeing her standing on a chair in between Matt and Kelly across from Herman who 'whispering' secrets to her making her laugh. Cruz next to Herman and Otis next to him, Stella next to Kelly. Sylvie and Emily next to each other beside Matt. Mouch on the couch. Boden even came out and joined sitting at the head. Tony and Capp on couch with Mouch. Sophie was everyone's main attention. I sit beside Herman sending him a smile. I cut up the steak for Sophie cutting some of the vegetables smaller as well before passing the plate across the table, Kelly grabbing it putting it in front of her. I eat my own food watching Sophie eat her listening to the conversation. "I teach Adam jay and Kev to dance" she said she was in her own world "Adam was really good el can you teach me I have to be better for Kev" we laugh "oh yeah Kenny James been telling me all about the trouble you get into at daycare" "we don't get trouble" Sophie crosses her arms "you learn from your daddy and Tin your trouble" "Jay and Adam said they make sure it's ok" she nods "I'm sure they did" "daddy said no one makes his grace said...tin said if they make me said to make a fist" she showed us "and hit them make it hurt miss Clara didn't like that but I like tin more" part of me wanted to laugh Kelly Otis and cruz were, everyone else was smiling. "How bout we don't make a fist and hit people" I say "but tin said" she sounded heartbroken "well Tins in trouble right now and I don't think con con and Will would like it if your making them work harder" "how" "they make people better so if you hurt someone they have to go to con con and Will or their friends to make them better just like we don't set fires cause they are hot and you don't want our family here to work harder" she nods smiling "I listen to fly and Wexi then" I sigh rubbing my face everyone laughing "what did they tell you" Matt asks "fly said to be nice Wexi said people are mean" "listen to Flynn" I nod everyone else crying of laughter. She really is the heart of the first responders of Chicago.