Bunny Bunny

Erin had called me saying bunny had called saying someone was dead

Erin had called me saying bunny had called saying someone was dead. I of course sent Henry having Sophie. Henry did offer to take her which I admire but I knew he wanted to go. I knew Sophie would run circles around him and he would be calling within the hour so to save time I practically forced him to go.

I stand behind the glass watching Henry talk to Bunny. Just him and her. I didn't know what game she was playing. I just knew she was playing some game, it infuriated me that no one else could see it. I wanted to strangle her.

I walk down the hall mad I couldn't watch her manipulate him anymore. "What are you doing here" I ask Erin seeing her standing there. "Um" she looks behind me causing me to roll my eyes "right don't worry I'll figure it out" I whisper before walking away. Trying to decided what to do.

"How are my favourite Halstead brothers" "there are more of us out there" Jay said smiling I roll my eyes "of course not that would be terrible don't know if you would be my favourite either maybe the other Jay" he gasps causing me to laugh "what are you doing here" Will asks "oh I here to recruit your brother here on the bunny is clearly manipulating everyone and I need someone else squad" they smile "look I saw you in there you don't buy her crap Henry does almost broke our marriage she didn't manipulate him them not the point I need someone else to bounce ideas off. Someone who doesn't fall for it and make me want to strangle them" they laugh "so I know I'm rambling but want to run a parallel investigation" "as long as Voight doesn't come for my badge" "won't lay a finger on you" I promise "omg Will I have barely spoken to you" I say causing him to laugh. Suddenly paramedics come in wheeling children. My heart instantly breaks. I remember being a parent of one of those kids. Justin overdosed when he was sixteen, he doesn't know someone did it wrong we told him it was because of his stupidity that the drugs killed one to many brain cells. We laughed about it, he might have figured it out I don't know. "Go do your thing" Jay said to Will who was looking between us "I'll stop by later even bring Sophie she keeps claiming her Will and Con Con are better than Tin who is back to being a monster" I reassure he laughs nodding as he raced away.

I walk out with Jay "do you think Voight would kill me if I asked Erin to marry me" I smile gleefully "that is like the best news ever" I hug him laughing causing him to laugh "oh right the question sorry really happy he won't kill you nor will he admit how happy you make Erin. He won't show his happy about it either but he would come around to the idea" he nods mulling over what I said I stand beside my chair which is conveniently parked by his not like I did it on purpose that or anything thing. "It's not Henry you should be worried about it's Justin" "that guy" "your son right sorry he doesn't like me" "his like his father hates everyone until he knows them but don't worry having Flynn and now Daniel which I'm still bitter they both kept that from me it's calmed him down turned him into a better person" I say pointing out I hug him one last time "I want that phone call or something I wanna know when it happens" he salutes me making me laugh shaking my head.

I walk up the steps "Will I told you I would come to the hospital you didn't have to come here" He just shakes his head smirking. I notice a red box in jays hand causing me to gasp "she knows" "of course she knows" I look around "so me" they look at me "oh come on I have all about this ring it's like it's legendary at this point" Jay passes the box to me. I slowly open it "it's beautiful wow" I was in awe. I pass the box back "ohhh now I have to ask Henry for a new ring" I groan making them both laugh "don't judge me that is wow it's better than this" I hold my hand up showing the ring "hey Jay if she doesn't appreciate the beauty I'm more than happy to leave Henry for that ring" Will just laughs while Jay shakes his head. "I'm not stealing my bosses wife" "hey I'm a prefect wife" I remark causing them to laugh "besides I know neither of you will get rid of it for anything and rightfully so it's perfect I swear if Justin tries to sell my ring I'm going to kill him from beyond the grave. Or maybe just have Soph do it" I say smiling. "But hey Will Jay clearly isn't down" the two just laugh but our conversation stops the moment the others walk in.

I walk up the steps Henry had messaged me telling me to come to his office. We were going to go on a date. Sophie is having a sleep over with Connor which she was excited about. I pause seeing Erin hug Henry. "You will always have me" "what is" "Lillie" Erin gasps clearly in shock "um" "they were coming after her badge I found a way out" "I'm leaving for New York tonight I got a position with the FBI me for bunny" Erin said going extra slow on the word tonight as if to emphasise it. I hug her "you have been the mother I always wanted" she said smiling as she stepped back "I was always jealous of Justin hey maybe if you were none of this would have happened" I weakly smile "I was your mother from the moment you walked into our home Erin and just because you moved out doesn't mean I stopped you are just as much my daughter as you are his" I say pointing to Erin "I thought you hated me for the longest time" "after you found out" she nods "I could tell didn't blame you for that never have and never will. I know you wanted to ask me about it" "I did ask about it a lot" she lets out a watery chuckle "I hated him and your mum yes almost broke our marriage then I found out about you when you were six" she nods "I remember" Henry looked confused "you had this smile that radiated happiness and I could just tell you had a sad face that made the whole room sad you were adorable I hated that they created you. Hated that I would have a constant reminder of that they did but I could never hate you. You didn't pick that so I had no right to hate you" she hugs me again "thank you" "you don't have to thank me" I weakly smile "I'm always here no matter what morning or night I don't care I will be there" she nods "and don't use Sophie as an excuse because your just as important as them" I add sternly making her nod "you need me I'm on the next plane out I promise you that" she nods I kiss her head smiling "Sophie is at Connors if you want to see her" she shakes her head fighting the tears not to fall "I'll bring her on a plane to see you in no time" I tell her knowing very well leaving Sophie is hard even if it's for a small amount of time this is a long time. "Keep your chin up your amazing" she smiles as I kiss her head hugging her one last time before she walks out taking a family photo off her desk as she passes "we are going to be Ok" Henry said wrapping his arms around me "I know more worried about who's going to explain this to Sophie" he rests his head on mine "she's going to be fine perfect even she will flourish take it from someone who has been there" I say "always forget you have been there" "because you weren't there" I smirk shrug "oh right" he rolls his eyes before kissing my head.