Wrong

Putting family first and being there for them was easy for me

Putting family first and being there for them was easy for me. It's what I did.

I sent a sneaky text to Henry and Al informing them we are at home. I watch Lexi with my eleven month old making her laugh. "Ex" Sophie giggles making me smile. She's growing up so quickly. She can walk and somewhat run (she kinda stumbles). She is starting to talk. I go over and sit beside the pair. "What's going on Lexi Lou" she doesn't answer my question just keeps focus on Sophie who is touching her face. "Lex I have know you since the day you were born I know when something is up" she sighs "I didn't want to" her voice was small all I wanted to do was hold her and tell her it was alright, but I had to let her get it out first. "It just kept spinning I couldn't stop it" tears build up in her eyes "ok" Sophie asked moving her hands around Lexi's face, making me smile at the duo. "They told me not to tell anyone" I slide closer forcing her to look at me "Lex it's killing you from the inside you got to tell someone" she lets out a sob in response. "He raped me I begged him to stop but he wouldn't" I grab her hand my heart shattering for her. "When he was done he forced me into a car" I nod encouraging her to continue "he made me watch as he killed someone" she gasped out tears falling from her face. I pick Sophie up who is beyond confused, as Lexi's head fills with memories causing her to move. I hold Sophie tight both of us wanting to comfort the distraught girl before us. "He said if I told I would ended up like that" I sigh wrapping my arms around her. She cries into my chest, Sophie beginning to play with her hair. "What's his name kiddo" "he'll kill me" I grab both sides of her face forcing her to look at me "sweetheart you forget you have the best cops in Chicago behind you all ready to protect you" she sighs just leaning her head against me "Henry Milligan" I smile stroking her head.

Lexi fell asleep on the couch after crying on my chest for an hour. I walk into the kitchen Sophie on my hip. I pick up my phone dialling the number before putting to my ear "Ruzek" "Adam it's Penelope" "what's up" "I need you to find everything on Henry Milligan" "why" "the why is not important right now" I sigh "look I will be in later or tomorrow to explain I just everything on him don't tell anyone" "how the hell am I meant to do that without anyone questioning it" "tell them it's Pennys private business they will call me" he sighs "fine" "you can ask for help as well I don't care I just need everything" "ok ok" "thank you" "wait why me your closer with Al or even your husband" he questions "they would figure out the why I needed someone objective hence you" "I'm flattered I will get right on that lucky for you we are only doing paperwork" "maybe not for much long if we get this right" he hums "i got to go talk later" I hang up the phone sighing.

I hear Lexi walk into the room. She picks Sophie up from her chair making her giggle. "Lexi Lou how would you feel if I got the team to go after him" she sigh "they can't" tears build up in her eyes "if I start this" she takes a deep breath "what would you do if hypothetically a student was sleeping with the teacher" I pause concerned "I would want to know more" I begin turning towards her "it would also be statutory rape so jail time for the teacher" she was tense "what would happen if said student might be pregnant" tears drip down her face "I would help her find out for sure then be there for her no matter what she decides" she nods taking a deep breath holding Sophie tightly who snuggles into me. "Lexi Lou are you talking about you" I ask carefully putting the knife (I was cutting fruit up) down, before slowly making my way towards her. I stand in front of her placing my hands on her shoulder. She flinched before realising it was me and melting into me. I spent the day holding and conforming her. I take Sophie putting her upstairs for a nap, before coming back down and holding Lexi. I hold her tightly, we watch a random movie. I don't think either of us are really watching it our minds are spinning in. Hers in pain, mine is spinning with the truth. I felt sick with the truth. How could one person be hurt so bad. How could people be this bad. She's a child for go sake.