The Big Three

It was the big day

It was the big day. She woke Henry and I up by jumping on the bed. Henry pulled her down tickling her her giggles filling the room.

We had eating purple pancakes before we got ready. She wore a light blue dress that had a light rainbow skirt, she picked it although I don't think she remembers that. I had made the decision to attempt to make this birthday a lot calmer. Adam and Justin were in charge of the cake I don't know if I regret that yet. Erin, Jay, Will and Connor were in charge of decorating. Of course everyone was to bring present and no silly presents.

Sophie was twirling about Adam. He was holding her arm and helping her spin not that she needed help but she loves attention. "Tin tin" she squeals running over to him "so there was a slight issue with the cake" he said as he picked her up "what" "we got it fix can't ruin the Princess' birthday I would never live it down" Justin said making me smile "no you wouldn't so what happened" I asked pointing to Sophie in his arms "oh yeah you were such a monster" "I don't know" Justin said "but she clearly loves me now" I laugh shaking my head.

Sophie was having the time of her life everyone was around giving her attention. We had already sung happy birthday and she had even open her presents. She was now dancing around and playing with some presents. I was beside Henry his arm around me holding me close. "Dam" Sophie said causing me to look over she was holding Myrtle up for Adam. I laugh Myrtle always alludes Adam. "This Mertie she like mummy and daddy's room" Sophie introduces Myrtle to everyone. Everyone being Jay, Justin, Connor, Kevin, Kelly, Stella, Kim, Erin, Will, Sylvie,
Gabby and Matt "that's why I can never find the cat" Adam said frustrated "Mow Mow to fast" Sophie said shaking her head "I agree that cat is to fast" Erin remarked "just stick with Frank dude that dog loves everyone" Justin said picking up Frank who immediately showers him in kisses. I knew only Erin, Connor and Adam liked Justin out of the group I was just happy that they kept their dislike hidden because that would break Sophie's heart. Sophie passes Erin Myrtle as she wants to dance. Adam looks shocked that he didn't get given the cat until his forced to dance as well. "She really does have everyone wrapped around her finger" Al said making me snap my attention back to them "yep sorry" "your always watching her should have known we were as entertaining" Henry said kissing my head looking over at the group Charles and Eddie now having joined. "Didn't know Adam could dance" Al said making me throw my head back laughing "every time she sees him she makes him dance pretty sure it's the same with Justin but just not as frequent as they spend more time together" I shrug Henry's phone goes off I take it as goes to look at it. "I don't care if the king was killed and you guys were called in it's your daughter birthday she will be heart broken if half the party leaves" I told him he just smiles kissing me "I would never leave" I nod allowing him to take the phone.

"Mummy I don't want to sleep" Sophie snuggles into me. She was dressed in a rainbow onesie for pyjamas, she picked them. She was exhausted but didn't want to miss anything. The party had long since ended many had left one our closest were still here. "I know you don't baby" she sighs "can I sleep with choo" I sigh "what happened to the big three year old" I ask she had given me this big talk last night about how she was almost three and three year olds don't do that. I move around the kitchen I pass her a bottle. I walk into the living room seeing them all drinking and just relaxing together. "I don't wanna I wanna snuggle with con con" she complains with tears in her eyes I look at the group before sighing. I hesitate but eventually give her to Connor. "Just lay her down in your arms she will drink and go to sleep herself" I tell him. I smile watching Sophie play with her hair with one hand the other drinking her milk. She doesn't always have milk, only really when she's super excited and doesn't want to go to bed or she's really upset. It just helps her fall asleep.

Sophie was asleep in Connors arms. "Do you want me to" "pass her here" I cut him off taking her letting her lay on me. She was my girl there was so little time she was like this I wasn't going to miss a moment. I rub her back gently, Henry watches her sleep like his in a trance. It was our favourite past time watching our kids sleep. Henry's arm around me as I lean against him. We looked like the perfect family from the outside. That's all it was though from the outside. We were prefect for Sophie. Henry and I now that's another story. We were working through everything we may seem like we are back to our old selves but we still have a lot to work through. But all that matters is that we are working to fix it. We were putting in the effort so we don't loose each other for good. Henry is all I have known for most of my life. His been the most consistent person I have had I don't know how I will be if I lost him. The thought alone pains me. Who am I without him. I didn't know if I wanted to know. All I really knew was that he was far to important for me to loose.