Break

The news that there could be a break in the case was everything

The news that there could be a break in the case was everything. What wasn't everything was Cat wanting to spend time with me and my family. I couldn't let Sophie get attached to her or her children. Flynn had told me last night after everyone left for dinner that Kaci had been acting weird. Him Lexi and Ellie were quiet the trio had basically dumped her according to Ellie. Ellie being a year older than the others looked out for them, they were her family we were her family. I think Cat knew that Henry and his team had found something, this was her way of finding. I didn't know if I couldn't go down that path. Her husband or should I say ex husband had contacted me wanting my help getting his child back. I didn't know everything but I did trust him a hell of a lot more than I trust Cat.

"So what are you going to do" it was early morning. Henry wasn't going in till later so here we were laying in bed together just soaking up each other's company. "I don't trust Cat Henry I never have I play nice before" he smirks "you have told me many times the difference between playing nice and being nice" I laugh "and don't you do it absolutely fantastically" I lean forward kissing him passionately "what else is going on in our world" I look over at him confused "what nothing interesting going on at work for you to share" he rolls over facing me "uh nope nothing besides you know what's going on in this weird family we have better than I do" I laugh smirking "first off Flynn and Lexi are together took a lot of bribery but I eventually got it out of Lexi and once she broke Flynn broke" "I imagine I'm going to see this bribery on my bank statement" I nod "Sophie is still the centre of attention only now she knows it" "she really does and doesn't let anyone forget it" "she got the cute thing on her side" he nods "Justin has been seeing some girl I don't know who or her name but I can tell" he smiles "just hope he isn't pushing himself to much" I nod worried myself, his still in recovery. Somedays he can barely make it down the stairs but he is getting stronger and stronger each day. "I do to" I sigh "Ellie who as you know has decided to stay for a bit" he nods "I have been helping her I told her I didn't want her just sitting around so we are trying to figure out what she likes whether she wants to go to college" he nods "I can tell it's overwhelming her so I have left it alone for a bit just leaving her to figure it out for now she's got a year to decided" he smiles "I wasn't sure at first but she has been quiet the addition to this family" he said "told you she would fit in" I playfully shove him making him laugh leaning back. "Daddy" Sophie shouts pushing the door open "mummy" she shouts as she races over to Henry's side. Henry rolls over and pull her up. She snuggles under the covers between us laughing causing the two of us to laugh. "You were right" I look at Henry confused "you wanted her so bad you were willing to destroy yourself I was just there to pick up the pieces...you said our family needed something a baby you were right" I smile I would kiss him but with Sophie's latest hatred for us kissing we refrain. We cuddle close "your squishing me your squishing me" Sophie yells wiggling and giggling. We pull back kissing her before going back to talking now with Sophie adding her input. "As cute as this is are you two coming down to eat grandpa is usually the first one up" Flynn said from the door making us look over at him. "What you don't want to join there room down there" I point out gesturing to the end of the bed "yeah you could tell us all about you and Lexi" "you told him" Flynn gasps putting his hand on his chest "of course I told him his my husband we tell each other everything the good the bad everything" I say causing him to sigh "you get use to the sharing thing it's just the first few times it's annoying" Justin said from behind him. I sit up so I can see him. Justin stood in the middle of the hallways eating toast looking through a cupboard, he sarcastically waves at me when he notices I'm looking at him. "Oh Ellie is downstairs should I invite her up for this second floor Voight family gathering" Justin said making me roll my eyes. I throw the covers back getting up "you going to come or stay with daddy miss" "daddy" Henry just smirks shrugging. I put my covers back "make sure he makes the bed" I say going into the bathroom. I make myself ready for the day showering and changing.

I walk downstairs ready for the day. I walk into the kitchen, to see Justin and Flynn are there as well. I walk over kissing everyone's head. I do this every morning it's like my way of saying good morning. At first it was strange and uncomfortable for Ellie but she's now a member of this family and embraces it. "How have you been heard from these two but not you this morning" I ask her sitting down she smiles "just school and not knowing what I'm going to do" "hey relax it's not urgent don't rush it you have a year and we aren't going to kick you out for not knowing if we did that Justin would have been on the streets ages ago" "hey I have an apartment I have you know" Justin exclaims right as Henry comes in carrying Sophie both ready for the day, well not Sophie's long brown hair but I can do that. "I thought I brought that apartment" Henry said smirking making me laugh as he goes over getting himself a coffee "never become annoying like our daddy Soph" "daddy not noying he fun" "yeah don't try get between her and her daddy" I tell Justin who looks over at me "Adam tried the other week just when she finally started calling him A or Dam you would think it's the best day of his life. But then he tries getting in between these two and now his fake police again" everyone laughs "although I did hear Soph and jay giving everyone new nicknames after dinner so who knows maybe it will be different" I add shrugging "as long as I stay Tin or Tinman we are ok" Justin tells her making her nod "and Fly" she adds making Flynn smirk and chuckle. How on earth Ellie survives the four Voights and constantly choose to live her and allow us to love her I will never know. I would do anything to have every morning like this though just got to have Erin, Kelly, Connor Lexi and Al and it's all our closest family.