My family

My family had always been my most important asset

My family had always been my most important asset. Over the years it grew and grew. The intelligence family became my family.

I was out with Al. "So how's this massive family of yours" we were following a lead "I notice you have become quiet the therapist" I sigh rolling my eyes "tell me about it I should really start charging them" he laughs "you have to many godchildren and people you class as children" "I can't help it I'm just to full of love it's why you love me it's why Henry married me" "you make him a better person" I smile shrugging "how many godchildren do you have" Adam asked did I forget to mention he is here. I may have raised him but he never asked to many questions. "Three Lexi" I point to Al "Connor Rhodes" "the doctor" "how many Connor Rhodes do you know that are in Chicago" Al snaps busy trying to focus on the task at hand "and Kelly Severide" Adam nods not prepared to ask if he is a firefighter due to Als previous comment about Connor "I remember Kelly from when we use to spend time at your just didn't know he was your godchild knew Connor was" "yet you made such a dumb comment" Al remarks reminding us he was listening. "Then I have you" I give him a playful shove we were now following Al "Jay and Will, Matt, Sarah, Kevin, Sylvie, April, Joe, Otis" I sigh "she's a therapist to all you young guys" Al interrupts making me want to slap him but his just out of my reach, given the looks his giving me he knows it to. "I have Trudy, Al here" we catch up finally and I slap his back "Herman, Mouch, Maggie, Sharon, Daniel, Wallace, Benny and of course Henry" I shrug "all making sure I'm ok and don't take on to much" "she may not look like it but between all you guys she does" Al turns to Adam "she gives everything to her family even if it drains her but that's half the reason we love her" despite knowing me for many years he was still getting to know me, I loved he wanted to know me. Beside my friends no one had really put the time into know me beyond the venting I occasionally knew. "What the other half" Adam asked "keeping Henry calm" I shrug I was just as confused as he was "no that's a secret we will let Adam here figure out" I nod allowing Al to wrap his arm around my shoulders leading me. I could think of a number of things that it could be. They always go on about how caring, kind and loving I am. But that would probably come until the family and me giving everything to everyone else. I'm passionate courageous and willing to give my life much to Henry's dismay. Probably many others would side with Henry on that opinion, one of the few they would side with him on without question.