Agony

We were following up a lead

We were following up a lead. Why I had joined them again, I have no idea I just felt I should. It was Erin, Henry, Me and Al. We were investigating a car, it was linked to a murder and now it has been seen parked by a abandon lot.
We all walk with our guns up "clear" Erin shouts clearing the car Henry moves to the boot, gesturing for Al to uses a crowbar to open it.
I let out a scream of agony falling to the floor once I see what's inside. My baby. Al moves quickly holding me up against him. I hold onto him for dear life. Henry is touching him. All I could focus on were the blood on his hands.

I hadn't stopped crying. Well I had it's more moved to shock as I couldn't cry no more. We were all now at the hospital. It was the worst day of my life. I was so thankful that Cat had Sophie and Flynn was going there after school. I didn't what him here unless we knew something. The waiting it was killing me I can't imagine how it would be for him. "Con Connor how is he" I push people away to get to him "we were able to stop the bleeding" the pause the haunting pause I knew it wasn't good "Lillie" I take a breath "machines are breathing for him right now where the bullet hit his brain" he paused again tears build up in my eyes "if he does wake up he won't know who you all are or how to do anything" I let out a sob a heartbreaking sob thankfully Jay caught me before I fell to the floor. My baby would never be the same. All the laughs cries everything gone. "Is there a chance he will be ok right" Adam asked "slim but there's always a chance" I sigh in relief. There was a chance he wasn't gone. If I have to hold onto that then I will, No matter how slim it is.

Flynn had arrived now we both sit in the hospital room in silence. Silently begging my baby his father to wake and know who we are. Henry had gone who knows where probably to get revenge. I hadn't spoken the only sound to leave my lips is that of heartbreak.

I hadn't left his side. I had completely shut down. He needed to be ok. That's the only thing I was holding on to. "What's going to happen to me" I look up startled at the voice of the boy opposite me. We hadn't spoken just sat opposite staring at by boy. "If he...he can't die I wont have anyone" tears build up in his eyes "hey he wont die and you have me Henry and Sophie who wont give up on you so easily there's also Kaci, Cat and Nate who are family" I knew he wasn't close to my sister niece and nephew, rightfully so they had just got to Chicago. "Me and Henry wont let anything happen to you" I get up walking around the bed sitting beside him wrapping my arms around him. "I also positive you have Lexi" I knew he was with Silver but I also knew they were in a weird place. Him and Lexi were close they were partners in crime. Henry still hadn't return from where ever he was getting revenge, I knew Al had his back but I wanted him. I needed my husband.

Kelly walks in with Sophie causing me to weakly smile. "We have seen uncle Con we miss Mumma though" he places my sweet one year old in my arms. She leans her head on my chest. "Tin" she said leaning towards Justin, her tin man. She couldn't say Justin so she called him tin and he always joked that he was her tin man, He loved it. She called Flynn Fly, Kelly Elly, Adam Addy. She had names for everyone and they all loved it. "Tins not in well at the moment" Flynn said trying to hold back tears "he ok" she look up at both of us. We knew what she was asking but we truely did know the answer. I just hold her and Flynn tight sighing.

Flynn and Sophie were asleep against me. I was leaning back against a chair, half asleep. I was listening to the constant beeping. I didn't hear anyone come in, I felt lips on my forehead. I open my eyes seeing Henry looking back at me. If I didn't have Flynn and Sophie on me I would be in his arms in a second. He moves a chair sitting beside me stroking my head. "It's been taken care of" I nod "I know" he smirks at me leaning forward kissing my head again. He takes Sophie who doesn't wake up sitting down with her in his arms. I move my now free arm to hold his hand. I didn't want to feel alone, I wanted to feel his touch. "I'm sorry I wasn't here" I shake my head "you were dealing with something just as important" he gives my hand a squeeze. I knew he felt guilt for leaving us, but I knew why. I also knew neither of us could sit down while the person who did this was somewhere out there. "Hey his going to be ok" He tried to comfort me, even if he didn't really believe it. He just wanted to comfort me even if it meant to carry his pain alone.