Training with Gaara! [17]

Y/N's PoV:

Temari and Kankuro had a surprised look on their faces when Gaara agreed to training with me. I didn't think anything of it and focused my attention back to Gaara, who was still avoiding looking at me.

"Well- we'll leave you two alone then!" Temari said as she grabbed Kankuro and ran off with him.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

As soon as Gaara had calmed down a little and the blush disappeared from his cheeks, he backed away from me a bit more and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Just so you know, I won't hold back just because you're a girl or because we used to be friends.." He said coldly as he glared at me.

I nod and get into a fighting stance. 'From what I saw when he fought Lee, he usually tries to stay at one spot and attacks with his sand. If I manage to dodge his sand attacks I might be able to get through his defence with my swift release.' I thought as a smirk grew on my face.

I glanced to the left and then to the right where I spotted a small river. 'Perfect' Suddenly I feel a stinging pain hitting my left arm, as I get pushed away. I fall and land on my side, when I looked up I saw what hit me.

"You're fast.." I groaned as I slowly lifted myself up again. "And you weren't paying enough attention.." He replied as another wave of sand shot towards me.

I quickly jumped back, dodging his attack, then I sprint towards him and dodge every attack he throws at me. Just as I'm about to collide with his sand shield, I jump to the side and sprint towards the river, leaving a confused Gaara behind.

I jumped onto the river and began sprinting in a circle, creating a small tornado out of water. Slowly I start moving towards Gaara, who already started backing up a little.

All of a sudden I stopped running and the water crashed down on the ground, flooding almost the entire area which we were training in. To my luck, Gaara wasn't quick enough to react as a wave of water swept over his head.

'Got him!' I thought and sprinted towards where he was standing as a few seconds ago. The water slowly went away again, revealing a pile of sand? What? But how?

"Behind you.." I heard a familiar voice say and quickly turned around, to be met with a pair of sea-foam green eyes. I feel something grab onto my leg and the next thing I could remember was that I flew through the air and hit my head against a tree. Then, everything went dark.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Gaara's POV:

As I noticed the wave of water heading towards me, I quickly turned myself into sand and reappeared on a nearby tree. I waited until the water was gone and Y/N let her guard down.

When she did, I quickly got behind her and mumbled, "Behind you.." before I wrapped my sand around her ankle and threw her through the air. Her head hit a nearby tree, causing her to pass out.

I wanted to just walk away and leave her there, but something was holding me back. What is this feeling? I don't know..

I walked over to where she was at and picked her up with my sand, I carried her over to a rock and gently laid her down on top of it, before sitting down next to her, leaning against the rock.

Y/N's PoV:

I slowly felt myself regaining consciousness a few minutes later. My eyes began to flutter open and I sit up, looking around me.

I quickly spit a familiar crimson-red haired boy next to me, with his eyes closed as he leaned against a rock. 'Is he sleeping? No.. he has shukaku sealed within him, he can't be sleeping.. so then does he know I'm awake? Probably..' I think to myself.

He opens his eyes and turns his gaze towards me, staring into my e/c colored eyes. I stare back into his beautifully shining, sea-foam green eyes, they're filled with loneliness and hatred.. I want to help him, but how? How if he won't let me in?

"Hey Gaara.." I said quietly as I stop staring into his eyes. He blinks a few times and shook his head as he looked away from me again.

"What?" He groaned as he gazed at the river next to us.

"Why did you wait until I woke up again?" I asked curiously, he really didn't seem like the kind of guy that would do that. At least, not right now.

"I don't know.. I couldn't just leave you here I guess.. whatever.. I'll be going now." He replied as he got up from the ground and started to walk away.

I looked after him with a sad look spread across my face. Somehow, I didn't want him to leave yet.. but why? Why do I enjoy his presence so much?

I shrugged as I got up as well and started to head back towards my house. I walked through the village with my head down as I was lost in thought. I kept remembering the moment when we gazed into eachothers eyes, it was only a few seconds but it felt like much longer.

I let out a long sigh as I put my arms behind my head and looked up at the clouds. I arrived back at home and went inside, I took my shoes off and put them away neatly.

I walked past Yui who was standing in the kitchen reading some weird book called "make out-tactics" I don't know what it is about. Oh well..

I walked up to my room and closed the door, I took off my shirt and put on a white oversized shirt instead. Then I took off my pants and put on a pair of f/c sweatpants before I flipped on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

I turned to my side and looked at the calendar that was standing on my nightstand. '24th of July, huh? Seven more days until the final round of the chunin exams..' I said to myself before I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

———————————————————————

A/N: Heya my lovely readers! I hope you liked this chapter! I'm personally really proud of it to be honest :)
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! See ya! Stay safe and have a good day/night!
Goodbye my lovely readers!

~Author-chan