The begin of round two [10]

A few people started to chat with eachother after the strange woman who called herself Anko had jumped in through the window.

However, you weren't paying much attention to what was happening around you, all you could focus on was the boy from sunagakure who was sitting in front of you. You rested your arms on the table and laid your head on top of them. With your eyes you studied every single one of his features that you could see from where you were sitting, and you had to admit, he looked quite muscular for his age, his shoulders weren't too wide, the outlines of his neck were perfect and the way his arms and hands were shaped looked perfect as well.

'Hang on- hang on- why am I thinking all of this?! Why do I.. why do I find him attractive? I mean sure- he's cute- but-... it's not just that he's attractive.. there's something else about him that I can't really understand yet..' You thought quietly before you're attention shifted back to Anko.

"Everyone follow me! I'll show you the place where the second round of the exam will take place!" She shouted. Everyone got up and quickly followed her out of the room.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

After a few minutes of walking, everyone arrived at a huge forest.

"Forest of death." Was what they called it. Akiko and Dai stood next to you as your eyes traveled around the group of participants that was still left.

"Every new genin from Konoha is still left." Akiko mumbled and you nodded in agreement. You were happy that all of your friends made it through the first round, but you had to admit, you were afraid that you'd might have to face them in battle during the next rounds. You took a deep breath before you spotted a certain red haired boy who was standing next to you from the corner of your eye.

"Oh, hey Gaara!" You said cheerfully, facing the Suna-nin next to you. He shot a slight glare at you which made you back away a bit. Then you noticed something that felt weird about him.

'He seems kind of.. sad? Like.. he doesn't like that I got scared of him just now.. well, no one likes it when somebody gets scared of them but- he doesn't seem like that kind of guy who cares about how other feel about him.' You thought as you gulped, steeping closer to him again.

"So, how did you find the first round? Do you think it was easy?" You asked.

"Hmpf.."

"Hmpf? Is that a yes or a no?" You said questioning his response.

"It was easy.. every shinobi should have the ability to retrieve information like that easily.." He mumbled.

"I guess you're right." You answered. As soon as Anko began to explain the rules, you turned away from Gaara, although you could still feel him glaring at you.

Gaara PoV

Once our instructor started to explain the rules about the second round to us, I noticed Y/N turn away from me. I didn't care, but something very deep inside of me didn't want them to turn around. I didn't understand why I felt that way, but I just ignored it.

'Maybe it's some kind of genjutsu, doesn't seem to work though.' I thought.

Y/Ns h/l h/c hair was shining beautifully and flowing in the wind. Her weapon bag was tied perfectly around her right leg and I could see a small smile on their face from the spot I was standing at.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Once Anko had finished explaining the rules, guards gave a paper which we had to fill out to everyone. One guard was now standing in front of me and glaring down at me while I was glaring up at him with a glare full of bloodlust.

'That Look again.. why does everyone look at me like that?! That look.. it's full of fear.. and.. full of hatred.. hatred towards me.. the wish of me being dead.. I'll kill him.. I'll kill everyone that gives me that lo-' I suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when I felt someone lay their hand on my shoulder and waving the paper in front of my face.

"Gaara? Are you alright?" A familiar voice next to me spoke, as I turned my head to loon at who it was, my gaze was met with a beautiful pair of e/c eyes.

"Yeah.." I growled as I ripped the paper out of Y/Ns hand and walked away.

"W-whats wrong Gaara-?" Kankuro asked hesitantly.

"Nothing. Don't get in my way while we're out there, you got that?!" I demanded, glaring at my elder brother. He nodded quickly before he hid behind Temari.

Your PoV

I heard a small growl coming from Gaara after he ripped the paper out of my hand. The edge of the paper slightly cut my finger and I put it into my mouth to suck off the blood.

After my team filled out the papers and gave them to the guards, the guards have us a heaven scroll. Since Akiko was the most responsible of all three of us we decided that he'd hang onto it.

We walked over towards one of the gates and waited there. After a few minutes Naruto and his squad walked past us, waving at us.

"Good luck Y/N-chan!" He shouted, as Sakura grabbed him by the back of his shirt and dragged him a long with her. I chuckled quietly at their brother sister like behaviour. Suddenly I felt a cold shiver down my spine as another team walked past us.

I quickly turned my head around to see who it was.

'Gaara..'

The red haired boy didn't look at us and walked straight past us leading his siblings to the next gate.

"He's scary.." Dai mumbled as he hung onto my arm.

"Yeah.. also.. DONT HANG ONTO LIKE YOURE A LITTLE CHILD, Idiot." I said as I shook Dai off my arm, sending him flying a few meters away from me.

I crossed my arms and turned my head away while he cried out an apology. Meanwhile Akiko was just standing there and shaking his head at our silly ness.

All of a sudden the gates opened.

"Alright, now... begin the second round of the chunin exams! GO!" I heard a female voice yell. Me and my teammates started to sprint forward right into the forest.

One things for sure, this won't be an easy task.

———————————————————

A/N: Aaaaaand done. I hope you liked this chapter as well! I'm trying to put a bit more interaction between y/n and Gaara, but it's hard to let them interact more while staying in character with Gaara- but I'm trying my best and I hope you like it!
That's it for now, see ya! Have a good day/night!
Goodbye my lovely readers!

~Author-chan