The beast within him.. [21]

Y/N's POV:

After a while, Gaara had formed a shield of sand around his body and now seemed to be out of Sasukes reach.. I heard him mumble some things as he was inside of that shield of sand.

Sasuke was now sprinting towards the sand vessel, extending his hand out towards it and ready throw a punch at the thing. When suddenly spikes out of sand shot away from it, almost hitting the Uchiha. "What the-" I mumbled to myself and leaned closer to the edge of the railing, it was noticeable that Sasuke had got hit, some blood was slowly dripping down from his right hand and he certainly looked a bit more angry than he did before.

"What's happening down there.." I looked over to Gaaras elder siblings, they looked as if a monster was standing in front of them, with sweat running down on the side of their heads.

"He's not using THAT jutsu, is he-?" Kankūro said quietly, though I was luckily still able to hear it. But what did he mean? What was actually going on inside of that shield of sand?

Sasuke threw another attack at the shield of sand, and another one right after, but each time he got into contact with the sand spikes came out of it and chased him away. Perhaps he would already be critically injured if he would not have his sharingan.

I started to fiddle around with my fingers more and more, it was something I often did whenever I was nervous or stressed. Which obviously was the case right now. I was worried about both of them, worried about what was happening with Gaara inside the sand shield and worried about Sasuke, despite the fact we weren't close friends, I didn't really like him like all of his fangirls did either.

All of a sudden, Sasuke climbed up on the wall and went down a bit, so that he was now hanging on the wall using his chakra.

'What is he planning now?' I thought and looked at him, his sharingan was still activated and after a few seconds he started to perform some hand signs. A combination I haven't seen before.

A moment later, a bright ball which looked as if it was fully made out of lightning appeared in the hand of the ravenette. Was that why he was so late?

It's something I don't need to find out..

Sasuke now began to sprint down the wall, aiming right for the shield of sand, with the lightning in his hand and the sharingan in his eyes.. the speed he was running in.. then his hair flying in the wind..

..he looked like a raven that was chasing its pray.

'Does he think he's cool or something?' I thought and rolled my eyes, but quickly focused back onto the match. Sasuke was getting closer and closer to the sand shield, my concern for the crimson red haired male was growing more and more the closer he got.

But why? Why was I so concerned about him? Didn't I just meet him again after years? Wasn't he extremely rude to me? I couldn't explain what I was feeling, to no one. Not even to myself.

'CRASH'

Suddenly, everything went quite, so quiet that you'd even be able to hear a fly landing on someone's head a few rows of seats away from where I was standing.

Everyone was watching closely as Sasukes hand disappeared inside the sand shield. I could hear Temari and Kankuro gasp next to me.

"No one ever broke through Gaaras sand shield!" The ash blonde girl exclaimed and leaned over the railing again.

It seemed like the ravenette was struggling to free his hand again, when a loud scream was heard from within the sand shield.

"BLOOD!? IT'S MY BLOOD!"

I could feel a cold shiver run down my spine as my eyes slowly grew wider. The faces of Gaaras siblings was filled with fear, so was everybody else's. Even Sasuke started to panic.

"W-was that-" I mumbled quietly, trying to process what I had just witnessed.

"This is getting out of hand Kankuro! Gaara has never been injured! What if he lets him take over now..?" I only paid half of my attention to the conversation of the two sand shinobi, but what I could hear confused me even more.

'What do they mean by him?'

Finally, after immense struggles, Sasuke managed to free his arms out of the sand. However, it seemed like something.. some kind of arm.. had grabbed his hand and got pulled out of the shell.

"What the-" I heard Shino next to me. Has he been there this whole time? Probably, I didn't pay much attention to what was going on around me anyways, and he's more of a quite guy as well.

The paw or arm started to get pulled back into the shell and once it disappeared fully inside of it, the shell started to crumble, revealing a small figure with crimson red hair. He was holding his hand against his shoulder and seemed to be breathing a lot faster than usually.

I had the urge to jump down and rush to his side, but why?

Before that question could be answered, feathers started falling from the sky? I began to feel dizzy.. and then..

BANG

I fell unconscious and my head landed on the ground with a loud crash. I didn't know what was going on around me anymore. Was it a gensjutsu..?

————————————————————————

A/N: IM SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER! I didn't have any motivation to write- I'll be trying to update more often again now though!

Have a good day/night! Goodbye my lovely readers!~

~Author-chan