Remember me? [4]

"Gaara..?" You said quietly as your eyes examined his small body, as soon as you made eye contact with him again, you flinched slightly.

'That Look..' You didn't dare to move, there was an awkward silence and the only noise that was heard was the wind blowing over the sand dunes.

Then Gaara finally spoke up. "Who are you?" His voice had changed a lot since the last time you talked to him. He sounded so cold, like he didn't care about anyone or anything.

'Who am I? Really? Does- does he not remember me at all-?' You thought as you stood there still frozen in shock.

Then the sound of his voice rang in your ears again. "Answer my question before I' kill you." Your eyes widened and another cold shiver traveled down your spine.

'Kill us?!' You though. 'He looks so serious.. is he really going to kill us if no one says anything?! Damit.. I can't move-' You began to panic a little, no, it can't be, you can't be scared of your first real childhood friend.. but.. he was so.. different..

Gaara slowly raised his hand up into to air and sand began swirling around your feet. 'Is this it? Is he really going to kill me?' You said to yourself inside your head. You already closed your eyes as you were ready to accept your fate, when Natsuki-Sensei spoke up.

"We're shinobi from the hidden leaf, I'm Natsuki Ito, that is Akiko Ito." He pointed at Akiko who was shaking, he seemed just as scared as you were. "That is Dai Yachiro." He pointed at Dai who looked like as if he was about to collapse. "And that is [name] Anko." He pointed at you.

Your eyes were still focused on the short male in front of you and a sigh of relief escaped your lips. You relaxed a little, but then realisation hit you, the sand was still swirling around your feet, slowly travelling up your body, while the red head still had his hand raised up into the air. Although, his expression had changed slightly, he looked like he was thinking about something, but he was hard to read.

[Gaara's PoV:]

"And that's [Name] Anko." The guy who had addressed himself as Natsuki Ito finished.

That name..

I've heard it before.

But where?

Who is she..

I know her..

I think.

But...

I have to kill.

That's my whole purpose in this empty and boring world after all.. right? Yes.

[Your PoV:]

You felt the sand slowly travel further up your body, wrapping around your legs, you turned your head slightly to the side to see that the same thing was happening to your friends. No one tried to move. No one was able to move.

Gaara slowly started to close his hand and mumbled something, just as a girl with blond hair which was tied into four messy buns and a big fan on her back, as well as a guy dressed fully in black, with purple markings on his face and something that you couldn't identify on his back, appeared next to Gaara and stopped him.

"Gaara! Don't kill them.. they have to escort that guy. Let them pass." The girl said, she looked a little afraid as she stood in between you and Gaara.

The sand dropped back down to the ground and Gaara turned around. "Whatever, but don't ever get in my way again. Temari and Kankuro. Or else I won't hesitate to take your lives." With that said he disappeared again into a pile of sand.

'Temari and Kankuro? Those are his elder siblings right? Did he really threaten to kill his own siblings-?!' You thought, you were still frozen in shock.

"Sorry about that-" Temari chuckled and nervously scratched the back of her neck. "That's just the way he is.." She let out a sigh and so did Kankuro, meanwhile everyone began to relax again.

"Thank you, we owe you one." Natsuki-Sensei said as he bowed slightly in front of the two sand shinobi. "No no! Don't worry about it!" Temari explained and waved her hands around in the air in front of her.

"Tsk. Temari focus on what we came here for." Kankuro complained and slightly hit his sisters arms.

"Ow- idiot!" Temari yelled as she hit Kankuro against his head before turning back around to face you and your group. "We're here to take over [random guys name] and escort him to the village."

"No." Natsuki said and everyone looked at him with a surprised and confused look on their face. Dai, Akiko and you were standing next to eachother, although you didn't say anything, mainly because you didn't want to cause any trouble for your Sensei.

"What do you mean 'No'?" Kankuro questioned.

"With no I mean no. Our mission is to escort [r/g/n] to the hidden sand village, so we'll carry out our mission. We can't trust you, after all you could be using a transformation jutsu to trick us? We want to make sure that [r/g/n] arrives safely." Your Sensei explained to the two, rather confused and annoyed looking Temari and Kankuro.

"Fine, but we'll accompany you on the rest of the way." Kankuro hissed and turned around, waiting for everyone else to follow him. Natsuki nodded in agreement and showed you and your teammates with a simple hand sign to follow him.

After a few minutes of walking, Kankuro and Temari let themselves fall back with you and walked next to you. There was an awkward silence again. Damn. Awkward silences are annoying.

"I feel like I've seen you before.." Temari spoke up. You tensed up at her words, you kind of hoped that at least those two would remember you, you might've not let anyone see, but earlier when Gaara didn't remember you, you felt a slightly stinging pain inside your heart.

"Oh, really?" You said in an awkward tone. Temari nodded in response.

"Yeah, me too." Kankuro agreed. They both looked at you closely, making you feel slightly uncomfortable, but you tried not to show it too much.

"Wait- I know you! You were Gaaras first and only childhood friend, am I right?" Temari exclaimed, after you nodded both of them fell fully serious again.

"You should've never left him like that.." Kankuro said, you could tell by the sound of his voice that the anger was swelling up inside of him.

"Yeah.. he changed so much after he lost you.." Temari finished. You could feel both of them glaring at you which made you tense up even more.

"Listen- I didn't have a choice.. my big sister forced me to move out. I tried to get her to let me say goodbye to him or something like that, but she didn't let me." You explained to the two which made their glares soften a little. You sighed in relief before a confused expression spread across your face again.

"Although, I sent him many letters.. did none of them arrive?" Kankuro and Temari were still quiet.

"No, we've never received any letters from you." You could tell by the sound of Temaris voice that she didn't fully believe you, but there wasn't anything you could do to show them that you weren't lying to them.

—————————————————————

A/N: Hey guys! Yay another update! :D okay that was weird- ANYWAYS- I hope you liked this chapter :') I think I'll do a little special next, to get some sweet Gaara x reader action going ig :>. Let's just hope that that'll turn out good. Stay tuned for the next update.
See you! Have a good day/night!
Stay safe my lovely readers!