The first few matches [13]

In the first round Sasuke fought against a guy named Yoroi Akadō and Sasuke won without using any ninjutsu. You were impressed about how much stronger your classmate became ever since you had graduated from the academy. To be honest, you didn't like Sasuke very much, especially because every girl seemed to fall in love with him, but you still cared about him, mainly because of the fact that he was like a brother to Naruto.

Kakashi-Sensei went up to Sasuke and whispered something into his ear, before taking him away, both of them disappeared. You looked over to Naruto and Sakura. Sakura was worried and you could tell by Narutos expression that he was very confused, like always. I'm the next round it was Shino against a genin from otogakure named Zaku.

Shino won easily with the help of his bugs, you found his powers quite interesting. You didn't really like bugs but his fighting style still always dragged your eyes towards him.

You looked up again and noticed that Lee and Naruto started to get a little impatient, both of them wanted to fight to show off what they can do. To be honest, you were getting slightly impatient as well, but you didn't show it as much as they did. Meanwhile Akiko was leaning against the wall, he was most likely thinking of a strategy to win, he was a really good strategist, not as good as Shikamaru, but he was also quite good.

Your attention shifted back to the battle area when Kankuro and the other teammate from Kabuto, Tsuguri, jumped down. You looked over at Gaara and Temari, noticing how calm they are.

'Aren't they going to cheer on their brother?' You thought but just shrugged, you didn't really care.

As soon as the fight started, Tsuguri shot forward and coiled around Kankuro like a snake. To your surprise, the sand siblings stayed surprisingly calm.

Kankuro and Tsuguri were talking for a few seconds and suddenly Tsuguri twisted Kankuros head around, breaking his neck. You gasped and your eyes widened as you took a step closer to the railing.

'Okay, how are Gaara and Temari still not worried?! That guy just ki-' Suddenly Kankuros skin began to fall off, revealing a puppet that was now on Kankuros place.

The puppet quickly wrapped its arms around Tsuguri to hold him in place. Meanwhile Kankuro crawled out of the bandages that were holding something on his back before, probably his puppet. You could see some chakra strings coming from his hand which were connected to the puppet itself.

"A puppet master, huh.." You heard Natsuki-Sensei mumble to himself.

'Puppet master?' You thought. You remembered that when you still lived in the hidden sand village, Kankuro used to scare people with those little snake puppets.

'Seems like he's improved a lot as well.' A small chuckle escaped your lips which gained the attention of the redhead next to you. You looked over at Gaara as your gaze met his again.

"What?" You asked, raising an eye brow.

"Nothing." Gaara pouted as he concentrated back on the fight.

"What an idiot.." He said as he watched Kankuro closely.

After a few seconds, Tsuguri finally gave up and Kankuro won the fight. He grabbed his puppet and appeared next to his younger brother again.

Now you had to wait for the next fight to start.

(I think I'll just skip most of these fights because we all know what happens)

Next up was Sakura vs Ino. You knew those two quite well, since you used to spend a lot of time with them as a kid, but you'd still spend most of your time with Naruto. From what you  remember, Ino and Sakura used to be best friends as kids but after a fight they stopped hanging out with each other and started to always be mean to each other. The reason for that was because both of them had fallen deeply in love with Sasuke.