Her Unreadable Romance

DISCLAIMER: This is a full english story because this was written for educational purposes. I deeply apologize for the grammatical and spelling mistake. This was also written firstly on Google Documents and this looks like a script, so yeah.

——

HER UNREADABLE ROMANCE
Written by: Zandra Mae Cozo

Narrator: Aquila Cassidy Verdilla is the eldest child of their family. But even if she's the eldest on their family, she's the most hated by their lineage in both sides because of her reading disability called Dyslexia. She is shamed by her own family, they were the reason why she stopped attending her home classes.

Mother: You embarrass me, Aquila! I don't have a daughter who's stupid as you! Why can't you read? It's so simple, Aquila!
Aquila: Really, Mom? If it's easy for you, then it's not for me! When will you understand that I have a reading disability, huh?!
Akisha (2nd daughter): Reading disability? I'm studying Psychology, ate, and it's not even existing! You're just dumb, stop making illnesses to cover up your stupidness.
Aquila: (felt offended and hurt) You know what? It's a shame to have a family like you. I hope karma will  get to you one day.
Mother: Oh, really Aquila? And when did you learn to disrespect us like that, huh!? From now on, you will stop from studying. No more home classes for you! Stay dumb, my shameless daughter.

AQUILA'S POINT OF VIEW: All my life, I tried to believe that I am normal, that I'm capable of doing something that every person has an ability to do so. But while I was growing, my family made me realize that I'm incomplete, that I'm a disgrace in our family. Ever since I've learned about my Dyslexia, I put in all my effort to make them understand that it's my illness that's been stopping me, but it's tiring to prove and explain yourself everyday knowing that the people that you've been explaining to are close minded.

To ease up the heavy feeling, I went to the book store to buy some books to read. Funny, right? But yeah, I'm kidding. I'm here to buy art materials. I can't read but I can draw. I express my feelings using art most of the time. In short, doing art is my comfort hobby.

Narrator: She went inside the book store and passed by the section of fictional books first. How did she know? This book store helps people with Dyslexia to identify the category of books by having a detailed logo in every part of the book's section. She passed through her fingers in the line of books then stopped in a thick and old looking book with no seal and title.

Aquila: (on her mind) What's this? A chronicle? (chuckles) It's like a fantasy story book, but why is there no context? Is this even a book?

Narrator: She bought some art materials and she doesn't know what came inside her mind but she bought that mysterious book, because she feels something unexplainable to it. A connection perhaps?

When she arrived home, she scanned all the pages of the book but she found nothing, so she drew a portrait of a man and a woman instead. It's a picture of a man lying in a hospital bed with a woman holding the man's hand. She just shrugged after posting it on the wall then went to sleep.

AFTER 7 HOURS

Narrator: She woke up at 11 o'clock in the evening. She heard her alarm but she don't remember setting it to alarm earlier. She sighed as she realize that she skipped dinner again just like what she did yesterday night. She was about to turn the alarm off when she noticed that the empty book fell on the floor, however, when she looked at her door, it was locked from the inside.

AQUILA'S POINT OF VIEW: The dizziness in my head suddenly disappeared when I saw the book lying on the floor. How did it fall? After several seconds of thinking, I picked it up then opened it. To my surprise, I saw a moving picture on the first page, or should I say, a video?