Chapter 18

Cassy's Pov

I was dancing happily just like Elijah told me, I mean he was right I shouldn't be so sad about some boy and that I am better then him, I'm a Mikaelson I am better then anyone, I smile to myself and keep dancing.

Then the music changed and people were grabbing partners to dance in slow music, I groaned in disgust and walked of the dance floor when I felt someone stop me.

I turn around to see Stefan. "Would you give me this dance Ms.Mikaelson." he smiled and I rolled my eyes taking my arm from his grip. "A hard pass." I say and start to walk away, then Nik comes to me.

"A dance sister." he smiles and I sigh following him. "You know I'm still mad at you and Bexs for inviting Stefan." I say. "I'm sorry Cassandra, we just wanted to prove a point." he said.

"Which is?"

"Show how amazing you are and for Stefan to see how a big of an idiot he is to lose such a wonderful person like you." he said and I chuckle. "I'll take that as a compliment brother." I say and we both smile.

Then the part to switch partners and Nik swings me and I see Damon. "You look ravishingly hot tonight." he smirked. "Ughh get a hold of yourself Damon, and don't forget you have a girlfriend." I smile.

"Right, but I can't lie you do look hot." he winked and I got spinned again, then I see Stefan, I scoffed and was ready to leave but he holded me tight. "You can't escape now." he said and kept dancing.

"Why are you here?" I ask him. "It's a ball, and I look good in a suit." he said and I huff. "Look who is full of himself tonight, where is your girlfriend... Caroline?" I ask and he sighs.

"Cassy, Caroline isn't my girlfriend and that kiss you saw at the grill meant nothing for me, when Care kissed me I pulled away and said I didn't like her but that I love you." he said and I stood silent.

I clear my throat and leave him, I just didn't know how to respond to that so I went upstairs and stayed to my room the whole night.

~

After the ball was over Rebekah came to my room. "Hey you, why did you leave the ball, was it because of Stefan? I really am sorry for inviting him. I didn't know it would effect your night that much." she said and I smile.

"It's alright Bexs I'm not mad anymore, it's just he told me something and I didn't know how to process it so I left and hid here." I say and she sits next to me.

"What did he say?" she asked. "He told me that the kiss with Caroline meant nothing to him and that he told her right after they kissed that he didn't like her but that he loves me, and I just stood there full on questions or regrets and left." I say sighing.

"So do you forgive him?" she said. "I don't know yet, but I have to think until tomorrow, maybe I'll go see him and talk to him about it." I say and she nods.

"Okay, now get some rest tonight was a lot." she said and I chuckle. "Yea, goodnight Bexs." I say and she kissed my head. "Night Cassy." she smiled and left.

~
*Next day*

So like I told Rebekah last night I drove to the Salvatores to meet with Stefan, I knock on the door and Damon answered it. "Good morning Ms.Mikaelson." he smirked.

"Morning, is Stefan home?" I ask and he groans. "Unfortunately." he said and I walk past him. "Come in." he said and I smiled. "Stef... Stefan." I call and I see him walk in.

"Cassy, what are you doing here?" he said. "I came to see you and talk with you about us and what you said last night when we danced." I say and he nods.

"Alright let's go out, somewhere more private." he said as we look at Damon. "Don't worry I'm not offended." he said walking away.

We both chuckle. "Let's go."

"After you." he said. I smile and we left the house.

~