Chapter 70

After busying for two days, I finally finished a large list. The chestnuts in my house are also increasing, but recently the chestnuts I can receive are getting less and less.

    People from the neighboring village came to sell chestnuts, and he also collected them.

    There will eventually be fewer and fewer chestnuts on the mountain. There are already half a room in the house. If there are still so many chestnuts, their family may not be able to digest so many chestnuts.

    With the first family who ordered a large number of chestnut snacks for publicity, they then took a few more orders, ranging from one hundred to three hundred catties, and went to the town to sell dim sum, which was also tired of making dim sum. The whole family took an ox cart to the town to buy new year goods and relax.

.By mid-November, there was no sign of rain at all, and they did not notice the incident. They still hoarded food at home. At the end of the month, they discovered that the price of food seemed to have risen.

    No, it should be said that all prices in the town have risen.

    They carried two bags of rice from the rice shop. Chen Mingren asked, "When is it now? Nian brother, did it rain or snow at this time in previous years?"

    Bai Niannian recalled the scenes of previous years and shook his head and said, "It has already rained at this time in previous years, sometimes with sleet. I don't know what happened this year. It hasn't rained yet at this time."

    Even the number of people buying dim sum in the town has decreased, but even if there are fewer, the dim sum they brought to the town is still sold out.

    Because they did not increase prices.

.But the prices of flour, rice...the food that can fill your stomach have risen, and smart merchants have also restricted the purchase of food.

    There is a sense of tranquility before the storm.

    Put the rice on the ox cart, Shen Wei drove the cart, Chen Mingren sat with him, "Brother Nian, do you know about the big drought ten years ago?"

    a decade ago? But when he was young, he didn't remember.

    "I don't know." Bai Niannian said honestly.

    "I heard what I said." Ning Geer said slowly, "It is said that the year did not rain or snow in December. At the end of December, there was a light rain, and then There hasn’t been a single drop of rain in the last three years."

    "At that time, many people starved to death. There are not a few people who eat the roots of the grass roots. When they reach the back, they don't even have the roots to eat. I don't know how many people are starved to death."

."At that time, everyone did not expect that the drought would last for three years, and there was no preparation at all."

    "Stop--" Bai Niannian shouted.

    "What's the matter?" Shen Wei pulled the rope, stopped the bullock cart, and looked at him suspiciously.

    "We go back to the town and buy more condiments. The food at home is enough for us to eat until next summer, but the condiments are not prepared enough. If it continues to rain, the price of the food will probably become more and more expensive."

    "We also need to prepare more food." Bai Niannian said, "Anyway, these things can be stored for a long time after they are bought, and they are not afraid of spoiling. There are also meat and the like. There may not be so much free time to make bacon. Let's go directly to buy bacon, go back and save it, and we can eat it for a long time."