Chapter 4

Bai Niannian covered the collar of his neck to prevent the cold wind from blowing in, and hid a sack in one hand to avoid the villagers. In fact, most of the villagers at this time were at home Maodong, and occasionally met one or two people and told them They always go up the mountain to find some wild vegetables, but there are not many pickles in the house.

    Everyone in the village knows his family's situation and looks at him sympathetically.

    Bai Niannian greeted them as always, and did not touch their pitying eyes. Now he is a person with two cubs!

    After walking up the mountain for a while, my body warmed up, and the cold wind didn’t feel so uncomfortable. Bai Niannian slowed down, and walked more and more to remote places. I walked for a quarter of an hour and never saw you around. For the others, he left the main road and walked to a place where there was no road next to him, pulling away the weeds above, and a small road could be vaguely seen below.

.After walking for a while, I suddenly saw an open space with faint traces of work, and some sweet potatoes were dug out by wild animals. Seeing the size of the footprints, they are not ferocious animals. They are basically all. The paw prints of some small vegetarian animals.

    To eat and drink enough, and to have strength on his body, Bai Niannian intends to dig these sweet potatoes back in one go. The weather is getting colder and colder, and his body cannot become sick again. The land here is not fertile. Fortunately, sweet potatoes are easy to grow. Plants, the sweet potatoes that are left here to fend for themselves do not grow very well. Compared with the palm-sized sweet potatoes grown in the vegetable field, the sweet potatoes here are very small, and the big ones are just three index fingers combined. The big and the small are about the size of a thumb. Bai Niannian didn't dislike them. All the big and small were put into the snakeskin bag taken out of the space, and then received into the space.

.After digging tired, he rested for a while, and then continued to work. After sweating, he didn't feel cold on his body, but he still didn't dare to take off the cotton clothes outside. He sweated and blew cold wind, which made him easy to catch a cold.

    I have agreed with the cubs in the house. I will go back in the evening. After digging the sweet potatoes in the ground, Bai Niannian looked at the sky. It was still early, so he was not in a hurry to go back. He planned to take a stroll in the mountain. When strolling around, he doesn't have to quietly transport the sweet potatoes down the mountain like the original owner, and naturally saves a lot of time.

    If you accidentally crossed the limit in the memory of the original owner, people of the older generation often said that you can't enter the mountains, and you can't get out.

    There were also people in the village who didn't believe this. They ran deep into the mountains. People in the village went in to look for them. All they found were corpses killed by wild beasts. The mountains were even more inaccessible.

.The mountains are inaccessible, and the wild animals inside are so many and fatter that they are born much better than elsewhere. Not to mention this ordinary deep mountain, even the forest of mutant plants he has been in, and along the way he saw two hares running by the side of the road. , A pheasant, it's a pity that he ran a little faster. He had plenty of energy and lacked energy. Running fast with his broken body felt like he couldn't breathe.

    Bai Niannian can only watch the okay escape alive when he sees him. It may be because the wild animals in the deep mountains have no natural enemies. The pheasants and hares here are fat and tender, especially the pheasants.