101 - Twisted Fate #TaeKook

"Jungkook."

Oh, it was a sad voice.

When Kim Taehyung spoke in that kind of voice, it made me forget that the former was firm and angry.

I agonized for a moment while biting my lips but soon shook my head.

No matter how much I favoured him, I couldn't let this go and moved away from where I had stopped.

Even if I walked fast, I couldn't get away from him who had longer legs and a bigger stride than mine.

"Please, Jungkook."

He grabbed me by the shoulder after catching up. His expression was on the verge of tears after holding me so eagerly.

"Duke.."

I ended up responding to him, I knew this would happen.

I didn't think I'd be able to get mad when looking at him.

His pitch-black hair, which looked like the absence of stars on a clear night sky, fluttered in the wind.

And underneath, I could see glowing eyes that looked like melted gold was poured into them. I could not look anywhere else and met his eyes

Accurately noticing my slightly resigned expression, he carefully opened his mouth, "It's my fault. Forgive me."

After a small sigh, I looked around as I held his hand. I only pulled lightly, but he easily got dragged.

There were no people in the hallway because they were all at the banquet held at the imperial palace, but we still acted carefully.

No one knows who, what, or when people would hear, then I whispered with my lips close to his ear, "Don't throw gloves at the banquet hall from now on. Okay?"

"….."

But Taehyung didn't answer.

He looked at me desperately as if at any approaching second he was ready to eat me.

My face was going to get pierced with how intensely he was staring. I got goosebumps because I stared at him in silence with his doll-like appearance staring back.

He wanted to caress my arm, so he tried to pull his hand out of my grip, but I gripped it harder.

"Duke.."

I called him again with a stern look on my face.

Only then did he let go of the hand he held as if he didn't want to let go.

He suddenly opened his mouth as he let his arms hang loose at his sides with his wandering hands.

The sorrowful voice he had a while ago had now changed to a cold voice.

"I can't promise that."

"...Why?"

Kim Taehyung had never disobeyed what I had said before, I had no choice but to react one beat slower.

I was surprised and stopped moving while his hand caressed my arm, he then held my hand and gently raised a corner of his mouth, smirking.

It was his expression that I liked the most. His eyes smile softly at me with affection.

However, contrary to his soft expression the words coming out of his mouth were as sharp as a blade.

"I'm offended by people who approach you recklessly. Gloves aren't enough. I should have continued by slitting their throats…"

Looking at him who wanted to say something more, but seemed to swallow the words.

I unintentionally defended the young noble who asked me for a dance.