47 - Gumiho (Nine Tailed Fox) #TaeKook

"An ancient creature that appears in the legends of Korea. Deriving from ancient Chinese myths and folklores, a fox that lives a thousand years turns into a Kumiho."

College student Jungkook reads over a thick brown book of ancient stories opened as a reference from the library.

"The creature can freely transform, among other things, into a beautiful woman or man, often set out to seduce human to eat their heart. Numerous tales can be found in the Compendium of Korean Oral Literature (한국 구비문학 대계)"

Jungkook reads over his notes a bit flustered, he doesn't know where and how to start his assignment. He peers over the view of the park and the Han river and sighed heavily.

"I'm fvcked. Where is Namjoon when you need him?"

He berates himself for not doing this as soon as he got the notice from his professor, which was a month ago.

So he did what he always does when push comes to shove - think of ways how to do shit in an hour or this case a few days.

He takes mental notes of such:
•He needs to pass this assignment in 3 days
• It's about Gumiho, a legend
• Namjoon is gone due to a scholars' conference or whatever
•next best thing to do is read over the book he pulled off the library

Thus begins his story of meeting the real Gumiho who turns out to be named Taehyung who owns a coffee shop that Jungkook frequents.

Jungkook was talking to himself, as always, when Taehyung caught his old name slip from his 'favourite customer's lips.'

Turning up to Jungkook's side to offer free coffee refill when he spoke, "What are you up to, Ggukkie?"

Jungkook facing him over his slumped figure answered, "I have a paper due this Friday, the topic is about Gumiho. You know me, my brain is scattered and Namjoon's gone. The books ain't helping either, at this point I might just pray to the universe for me to meet Gumiho and I might have a fighting chance of passing my class."

Taehyung a bit amused smiled brightly, curiosity taking over as to what his Ggukkie might ask him if they do meet in his other form.

"If you do meet.. this Gumiho.. Of yours, what would you ask?"

Jungkook staring at the barista's flawless ethereal face and blurts out, "To take me out of here and maybe marry me."

Registering what he said Jungkook sits up straight, a deep crimson blush on his cheeks and tries to explain it more and stuff. If I married him or her I won't need to finish this paper or even need to graduate from college, I can just do what I love."

"And what is this thing you love to do, hmm?"

Jungkook lowers his head and answered shyly, "Photography."

"O-oh, well... um.."

"And even if Gumiho eats human hearts, I might give him mine after I've done things I want to do in life. Gumiho and I could do things together, like travelling the world.. or..." Jungkook suddenly stopped and looks up to Taehyung.

"Or maybe just stay in love."

Or #taekook where Taehyung is Gumiho and unfortunately fell in love with a human.

Taehyung's an ancient monster, he doesn't want the ugliness of his nature to taint his love for his Ggukkie, but, the fact that he must consume human flesh to survive.

It's a heartbreak waiting to happen.