49 - My Ex... your Friendly Local Bloody Psychopath #kookv #kookvau #kookvmafia

"The term "psychopath" is used to describe someone callous, unemotional, and morally depraved. While the term isn't an official mental health diagnosis, it is often used in clinical and legal settings."

"So... you're saying, Jungkook's a psychopath?"

"Hmmm... Ain't every mafia head one? Think about it, what are the signs of a psychopath, Jin?"

"... I dunno. But, I know you'll tell me, so, continue."

"I just saw a documentary about such a topic and it says they're socially irresponsible behaviour like the tendency to lie, manipulate and violate the rights of others. They don't show remorse or empathy. And lastly, their inability to distinguish between right and wrong, well, technically the mafia has their own set of rules that they live by that lead to problems with the law. I'm just saying, anyone in the mafia business is one, hence, Jeon Jungkook's a psychopath."

"I like the analysis, Tae-Tae. Just don't go talking about this to anyone else except me, okay?"

"Oh, had. Stop. I know, okay? He was my ex in high school, back then he was just a foot soldier, your standard neighbourhood gang member but after we broke up he disappeared. I thought he died."

"Oh... Wanna talk about it?"

"Nah. I'll just close up shop, I'm tired. Seeing his face plastered everywhere made me think of him and watching that Ted Bundy special just made me want to comment on that. So, what I'm saying is, don't mind me, I'm just babbling. We'll talk about my past self some other time. Okay?"

"Okay, kid. I cleaned up the kitchen and threw the rubbish away. I've locked the back, all you need to do is do a final inspection and lock the front. Should I stay with you until then?"

"Nope. Go and rest, see you tomorrow. I'm looking forward to your special lunch menu, chef."

"Hahaha. Sure, kid. See you tomorrow, g'night."

Taehyung watched as his close employee, now friend and confidante, took his backpack and left the small cafe, he let out a sigh and quickly cleared his stuff on the counter, wrapping up his accounting duties for the night.

It was true that seeing his ex's face in the news reporting on 'reporters speculation' of his dark past and connections with the dominating mafia group in SK made his head spin with old, dark memories that opened old wounds.

Shit.

He stops his restless fingers, trying to stop them from shaking, "So, Ggukkie's a CEO of JJK industries, he's also the hot-headed mafia's leader, huh."

Taehyung was filled with thoughts about his ex, "Why am I even thinking about it? He left me and chose to better himself. If he cared... he shouldn't have left me-"

The little doorbell attached to the door rang, he was about to apologise and say that they've already closed when his eyes met familiar doe eyes, tears started falling down his cheeks.

"Hello, baby bear."

"..."

A shocked, wide-eyed Taehyung tried to keep his mouth shut but an involuntary pained whimper left his mouth as continued tears streamed down his eyes.

Jeon Jungkook stood silently, relishing the moment he finally found his lover, he walked over to wipe his tears when the cafe owner swatted it away.

Taehyung found the courage and tried his best to compose himself, "Don't. Why are you here?" As he looked away.

"To see you. I missed you."

Jungkook took a hand and loosen his tie, he knew it was an impulsive move when he finally confirmed the whereabouts of his lover.