72 - Sensitive Project #KookV

"Congratulations, you're the father."

Yoongi sounded like he was announcing the time of death, not the birth of a child.

Jeon Jungkook stared blindly out the window, anger and frustration warring with utter disbelief, "You're sure?" he couldn't keep the razor-sharp edge from his voice.

Yoongi was just the messenger, Min Yoongi is one of the few people he could trust, one of the few that stood by him no matter what. And he was the asshole who knocked up a long-forgotten one-night stand.

How? He was always careful, extra careful with sex, he had to be.

"I met her four months ago, Yoongi. Are you sure?" Jungkook asked as he gripped his phone tightly.

"I'm sure. It's yours. A full-term, healthy baby. I can't guarantee much more," Yoongi's voice sounded detached, as always, "Hyo-rin didn't make it. She has no family, no one to challenge custody of the baby."

Hyo-rin. How could she be dead?

She'd been so full of life, so hungry for the next big adventure. What they'd shared had been fast and furious. When they'd parted, it had been on good terms, with no expectations or regrets.

Yoongi's words grabbed his attention, "Looking at the body... I'm not sure what happened."

"So, not a car accident?" Jungkook had wondered.

Guilt and sadness kicked him in the gut.

"That would be the simple explanation. One that will be her official cause of death."

"...but?"

"But I think there's more to it," Yoongi sighed, "There's always more to it when we are involved. I'm going to have a look at his records, see what needs to be taken care of. I hate to point this out but... this isn't going to go over well with the others."

"No shit," Jungkook growled, "It's not exactly making my day, either."

Yoongi hadn't said it, but Jungkook knew the truth, Hyo-rin's death was on him.

His fvcking fault.

"No, I don't imagine it is," he paused until he added, "As unfortunate as that is, he can't stay here."

"He?" Jungkook repeated, his brain already assessing damage control.

"Your son," Yoongi finally snapped, "This is dangerous, Jungkook."

Because there was nobody or nothing like his...son. This boy could jeopardize everything they'd been striving for the last ten years.

Words wouldn't come.

His son.

He might be a baby now, but what the hell would he become?

What would he be capable of?

"Jungkook, are you listening? He can't stay in the hospital. I've been handling tests, all his bloodwork, but I can't be here twenty-four seven. You must get him, he's your responsibility."

Yoongi was right, there wasn't a single thing he could do about it.

"Fine."

"Today," Yoongi added.

Meaning Jungkook needed to work faster on finding help. The initial call from Hyo-rin's agent the night before had given him a heads-up, but he'd known the kid wasn't his. It had been too soon, an impossibility.

He ran a hand through his hair, wanting to hit something, "Give me 'til noon. I'll be there."

He sat in his tall-backed leather chair, slammed the phone onto the desk, pressing his fingers on his temples.