48 - Heir of the night #KookV

"The aura of humans pairs well with demons."

- Anon

~~~

"I don't want to take you to hell, that's why I think it'd be best to let you go now," Jungkook the demon says.

"Wh... What.. Did you say?"

Taehyung's shock retort halted his hands pinning the freshly laundered bed sheets on the drying line.

"A human lifespan is short."

"You don't want to stay and be with me?"

"That's not it. Before you and I regret this, I thought it would be best to part ways before it happens," the reluctant demon turns away his face from Taehyung's scrutiny.

"I don't.. I don't understand. Does this mean.. You don't want to have a child with me and become a family anymore?"

"It doesn't matter if we can conceive a child, the child will have demonic features and both you and the child cannot live on earth anymore."

"Well.. but.. That's, that's why even in death, we could still stay together. I don't know what's going on, Jungkook, but you're the one who demanded me to be your husband and bear you a child, it was you who was imposed to stay together for eternity, here or in hell."

"Don't... Misunderstand-"

"Misunderstand? You came into my life and opened Pandora's box. You made me fall in love with you and now you tell me to stop and that you're leaving. You're leaving me behind!"

"What a foolish human, you are-"

"Is it such a problem for you to stay by my side until my dying breath? Are you telling me it's too long for you?"

Jungkook's eyes turned to gold as he faced his lover back, "No, I am not. I also wish... To live happily together with you, but it's too much to ask a human to live in hell. There is a difference between humans and demons, the same is true for passing time. Whether we're in the human world or here, you're bound to the same phenomenon. I don't know how I am going to make you happy in the face of such conditions."

"But.. I know. I have experienced both worlds with you. I also know and saw your terrifying form, but it is still scarier to not have you. So, Jungkook... I'm the one who can tell if I am happy or not, I am responsible for the decisions I make.," Taehyung says as he brings their hands together.

"I am sorry. It scared me to know how terrified you would be, I have made these selfish decisions and hurt you. If it isn't too late, I'd like to ask you... Would you accept me as your spouse? I will devote myself to you and promise to never let you go. I want and need to be with you, that is how my heart truly feels."

Taehyung was speechless, he can only nod in agreement, fresh tears streaming down his cheeks.