57 - INEVITABLE #TaeKook

The first time I became aware of it was a year ago…

I woke up from my nightmare and felt my hand held with your big, warm hands. Your warmth swelled from my cold hands to my whole being and swallowing my nightmares into nothing.

You greeted me with those warm, doe eyes and your angelic voice, "Good morning, Tae-bear."

I tried to blink, blink away the sudden tears that formed in the back of my eyes.

You were my salvation.

I intend to keep it that way.

Even if I had to deceive death every day for you.

"Good morning, Koo," I greeted back as I tried to sit up from my bed. "How are you this morning?"

"Hmm… I lit the fireplace earlier. It has gotten colder. I don't want Taehyung to get a cold."

"Jungkook, thank you," I say as I lift my hand and caress the side of his face.

From what point in time did Jungkook became a 'special' existence to me?

Was it when we met?

Or when we reunited?

Or the first time we worked together?

I remember our dry conversation then. It was the first week of fall, we both went out to gather herbs.

"How old are you now?" I asked out of curiosity rather than trying to start a conversation with you.

"Twenty-one this year, Great sage, Taehyung."

You replied coldly, it made me think of when we first met.

"Call me Taehyung and I guess it's been seventeen years since your father the Duke introduced you as his third son. As expected, humans grow very fast." I replied matter of factly as we trudged down the mountain.

As I clench on my teeth tightly and end my recollection, I swang my legs over the edge of the bed and placed my forehead over Jungkook's sturdy shoulders.

That was three years ago, a lot has happened.

We ended up needing each other and more.

"I'll dress up quickly and meet you in the study. Let me make the dragon's potion for you."

Jungkook nods quietly and started to leave my bedroom room.

"Koo.. w-wait. Can you hug me?"

"Hmm? Is something wrong, Tae-bear?"

The first time I became aware of Jungkook's curse was a year ago. It has started festering inside him after subjugating a strong one. The curse is chronic, it has started to feed on his life force like a parasite.

"Being a sage isn't helping. I couldn't cure you, Koo. I hate it."

I make the dragon's potion to try to lengthen his life but... I knew that I'm just prolonging the inevitable.

I can see Jungkook's life force flickering, it shouldn't end like this. I couldn't hold back my tears, falling unbidden on my cheeks silently.

Jungkook's warm arms encircle my now cold body, "Its okay Tae. It'll work out somehow."

"I love you, Jungkook."

"I love you too, Tae. Come on, you big cry baby. Let me make your hot chocolate drink so that you can start your day. Okay?"

And that's how we try to cheat death everyday.. but we both know that I'm only prolonging the inevitable.

a collection of #PROMPTS & mini storiesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara