I walked to my window, showing the refreshing view of New York and pulled up the blinds revealing the blinding rays of sunshine. Then I turned around with a proud smile on my face.
" Emma and I are back together."

She looked stunned by my announcement for a moment as she stopped in her tracks . Her jaw dropped open , as her mouth flexed wanting to say something then she closed it , shaking her head as her lips quickly pulled into a smile . " Wow Logan , that's...that's amazing . When did it happen?"

" Just last night ." I replied as I sat on my desk chair and took one joy spin around.

" Wow." She breathed. "I'm happy for you both. Now you can stop putting on that gloomy face and whining to me about how nothing you do is working with Emma." Rachael teased.

I threw my head back in laughter. " Last time I checked, that's the job of a best friend. To listen to my complaints all day."

She wiggles her brows as she took a seat in front of my desk. " Since it's my 'job', I should be paid for it shouldn't I?"

" I'll look into that." I chuckled, shaking my head.
" You know, I almost gave up. I tried everything  but it seemed like Emma wouldn't budge . Then last night happened. It feels like a miracle." I breathed joyously.

" Well I'm glad you fought for her. After the way you messed up , I wouldn't take you back if I were in her shoes." She said .

My smile immediately transformed into a scowl as I narrowed my eyes at Rachael.

" What? You know I'm just saying the truth . She must really love you to get back together with you . You better not hurt her again cause there's a good chance that you're on probation right now." Rachael replied very confidently, showing she was unfazed by my glare.

" What do you mean?" I asked, befuddled.

" I mean you both just got back together last night so she might be watching you and waiting for you to fuck something up so she can leave . So you better play your cards right this time."

I understood what Rachael meant and honestly there was some sense to it. I didn't expect Emma to completely trust me or give me her all just because we both got back together. I knew that things would still be a little bit tentative between us and I needed to earn her trust again .

" For your information, I don't intend on hurting her a second time. I'm a changed man and I intend to show her ."

" Good. That's the only way you'll keep her." Rachael agreed.

" Let's move on to my itinerary for the day." I told Rachael, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. It had just dawned on me that I had a lot of work to do. It wasn't about words, it was about actions. I had to make a conscious effort to see that I would do everything I promised Emma last night .

" Ah yes, I sent them to you earlier this morning." Rachael responded as she looked down at the Ross Pad she was holding and typed on it with the Ross E-pen. " You have a conference with the board by 10 and by 11:30, you have Face buzz meeting with the London investors . Mr Colin in particular is still agitated that you moved your trip to London from last week to this week."

" Reschedule the trip for Thursday ." I instructed Rachael. Colin and Hugh Armstrong were the British investors that had an interest in working with Ross Mobile . They were brothers who were co CEOs of the Armstrong and Co company in London . It was also worthy to mention that they were very much annoyed that I moved our meeting . Although I had good reasons for moving my trip to London , which was Avery's play , I knew the importance of not taking my business with levity .