― 29 : his true colours

―*―*―

𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑡ℎ 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑢𝑡
𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑐𝑐𝑒𝑝𝑡 𝑖𝑡 ?

―*―*―

"Where were you headed to?" One of the guards questioned, gripping tightly onto Mirae's arm to prevent her from escaping.

"I swear I was heading to the hall room" Mirae desperately exclaimed when she heard the royal trumpets go off. The event would begin any moment and she was here with two ugly weird people. "I just lost my way !"

"You lost your way and ended up near the prison?" one of the guards sarcastically questioned to which Mirae nodded her head. "You really want us to believe that excuse?"

"You'll be questioned by the ministers before we decide what is to be done with you" the other guard mocked.

Mirae was almost losing her patience now and she slyly pushed her leg behind and managed to kick one of the guards who crouched and groaned and the other guard was about to run after her when she hit him with her bag out of nervousness.

"Uh, oops, didn't know that would work so well." She said astonishingly. "gosh, I'm tired"

The bells rang inside the palace and Mirae was alarmed by that, it signalled the start of the event. She quickly picked up her bag and ran back towards the prison gate but as Y/n had predicted, there were guards, almost 4 of them.

"God, what's wrong with them, why don't they go and have some feast and make my work easier." Mirae spoke to herself and then shook her head, 'it's not any time to joke.'

She picked up a rock from the ground, aiming it towards the forest but then it accidentally almost hit one of the guards and when he looked back in rage, Mirae's eyes widened and she bent down to hide. Two of the guards ran towards the forest to check on and Mirae took this opportunity to run inside.

It was all going to be over. Y/n thought. she would never be able to go back or see jungwon's face and even if Mcdonald's was giving out free food, she wouldn't be able to have it. she would not be able to continue her studies, neither her overthinking, she was going to be stuck in this place forever. God ! She wished they had cell phones so that at least she could call for help.

Negative thoughts occupied her mind. Would Jungwon be okay? His life was at stake. Y/n didn't have a good feeling about the day and the deprivation of the 3 hours of sleep the previous night wasn't helping either. But then she heard footsteps and then came Mirae who was panting to catch her breath and she looked at Y/n with a smile.

y/n smiled back, "Finally you're here."

"Yeah, so, here" Mirae replied and crouched down and took out a key from her pocket and inserted it in the keyhole hoping it would work but then the hole was rusted and it was difficult for her to turn it.

"Ugh, it's completely rusted, this wasn't here last day, they must have put it in today" mirae stated while her attempts to open the lock failed. Y/n looked around and then she paused and Mirae did the same when they heard the noise made by trumpets again.