― 13 : drinks & dreams

―*―*―

𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑎 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚
𝑜𝑟 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑦
𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑒?

―*―*―

"EARTH TO Y/N!" Mirae yelled which brought back Y/n to her reality. She blinked twice and looked around.

"I didn't know you were a daydreamer" Mirae said in disbelief.

"Wh-why?"

"Why?! I called for you almost 3 times and when I came here, I saw you smiling all by yourself!" Mirae let out a frustrated sigh.

"I was s-smiling by myself?" Y/n questioned and Mirae nodded her head.

"I'm telling you, you're going crazy the more you spend time with your lover boy!"

"Aye, stop calling him 'lover boy', he's the prince."Y/n whined.

"It's unfair," Mirae pouted, "you get to call him Jungwon and me? Prince Jungwon. Is that how lovers name themselves?"

"For the 695th time, he's not my lover, Mirae"

"And for the 695th time, he may not be your lover now, but he will soon become that. Mark my words." Mirae said and looked at Y/n and a few seconds of silence followed before both of them burst into laughter.

"Your face looked really funny," Mirae laughed.

"Shut up" Y/n laughed.

The next day, Y/n and Mirae strolled along the market place exploring the beauty of the crowd.

"Why does grandfather always give me tons of things to buy?!" Mirae whined.

"Don't act like a 60 year old, come on, let's get going." Y/n assured.

"But I'm tired"

"Are you sure you're younger than me?"

"Obviously."

"Then act like that." Y/n said with a sarcastic smile and pulled Mirae.

"Hey, Mirae, why does this place seem even more crowded than usual?" Y/n questioned as she loaded the bag of rice in the jute bag she had in hand and looked at Mirae.

"Huh? Oh, it's for the anniversary" Mirae replied while handing the money to the shopkeeper and gestured Y/n to follow her.

"We're still left with grandfather's shovel. Oh, I remember him saying that the previous one broke a few days ago." Mirae stated and looked around right and left and widened her eyes with delight and pulled Y/n into another shop, a comparatively less crowded one, and stood near the counter.

"What kind of an anniversary?" Y/n questioned, keeping the heavy bag near the counter.

"It's-Oh, sir, do you have the regular shovel?" Mirae was about to say something but she stopped when saw the shop owner and proceeded to buy her necessities.