― 11 : conspiracies

―*―*―

𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑏𝑢𝑖𝑙𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑡 𝑢𝑠
𝐴𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑠 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑎 𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑎𝑢𝑔ℎ
𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑠𝑖𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑖𝑛 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑢𝑝

―*―*―

Y/n sat under the dark sky, in the open courtyard, twisting and observing the necklace gifted by Jungwon.

It was indeed beautiful and meaningful for one thing she knew was that the blue butterfly symbolizes joy, peace, calmness and luck. It was believed to be a sign of non-violent victory.

"Y/n-Y/N! Y-Oh you're here"

All of Y/n's thoughts went blank and she held her necklace tightly and turned around to see Mirae rushing to her.

"What is it, Mirae?"

"Y-you, wo-n't be-lieve, what I- over-over heard-" Mirae's words came out harshly as she panted for the intake of oxygen.

"Sit down, and rest a bit and tell me"
Mirae sat down and after a few minutes let out a deep sigh and turned to Y/n.

Mirae was about to start when she noticed the butterfly necklace wrapped around Y/n's fingers.

"What's that?"

"A-a, necklace, Jungwon gifted me"Y/n replied and Mirae raised her eyebrow with a smirk.

"Ooh, a gift from lover boy, I see" Mirae smirked.

"Shut up, it's a friendly gift" Y/n argued, trying her best to hide the tint of red on her cheeks.

"Yeah, thanks to you both, now that the definition of 'friendly' has changed" Mirae sarcastically said.

"No, it didn't."

"Shut it, you both must act too lovey-dovey in my absence" Mirae smirked.

"Shut up before I attach you to your death bed" Y/n glared.

"Okay, I was joking, calm down"Mirae laughed.

"Not funny, now continue with your words." Y/n replied.

"I think there is some serious conspiracy going on against someone in the palace!" Mirae exclaimed.

"Hey! Mirae, start over, what kind of a conspiracy?"

"A murder plan, Y/n! They're planning to murder someone!" She whisper-yelled.

"Murder?!"

"Yes"

"Explain yourself, Mirae" Y/n replied.

Mirae started, "Today, I went to the market place to deliver some stock grandfather had asked me to. After my work was done, I was leisurely spending time on the outskirts of the town (as you were not there with me) and I noticed some palace men. I wasn't going to hide or eavesdrop their conversation until I heard them say something...