― 28 : the final plan

―*―*―

𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠,
𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒,
𝑚𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑖𝑡 ?

―*―*―

The next morning wasn't bright enough to be called happy but it was fair enough for Y/n to wake up early. She looked at her left and felt the absence of the person she was with the previous night. Jungwon had left early before sunrise so that he wouldn't be suspected. Y/n sighed and brushed her back against the wall, she sat staring at the window through which the sun's rays directly entered the cell. She could hear the light screeches of the criminals in the other cells.

"A-aunt ! I'll go out" Mirae yelled and Riki's mother hurried out of the kitchen looking stunned at the girl.

"It's just the break of dawn, where are you going ? Why in such a hurry ?" The old woman exclaimed looking confusedly at the girl.

"U-uh, I'll just go to check on my grandparents-

"Liar," the mother stated. She went inside the house and brought out a small cloth wrapped object. "I know you're going to the palace, to save your friend, so take it, and have it on your way when you're hungry"

Mirae smiled at the woman in front of her.

This woman gave her the love of a mother. Mirae nodded and bid farewell. She carried a small cloth bag in which she had loaded the book and the pictures and the food Riki's mother provided her.

The only concern now was how she would get inside the place. The others who were taken in for treason were loud and Mirae knew that. She had to somehow get away from those people and then again she needed the keys to get inside.

She brushed off all the thoughts and walked down the market which had less people. Once she reached near the palace, she waited for the guards to be distracted and slyly moved into the forested area and when she finally reached the prison area, she heaved a sigh.

"How do I get in now ?" She questioned herself but then seeing the absence of guards, she slowly creeped into the place.
It was quite difficult to not make a noise inside because the old rustling leaves fallen to the ground would make a sound when she stepped on them.

Although it was early in the morning, the cell was still dark and damp and she couldn't make out whether it was the nervousness or the atmosphere which gave her chills.

It was difficult to look into the cells and half of the cellars were sleeping. Then Mirae finally spotted her friend.

"Y-Y/n...." She whispered and her friend looked up at her completely shocked.

"What the-I got a shock from Jungwon yesterday and today it's you."

"Wait, the Prince came yesterday ?"

"Y-yes"

"Gosh, I'll have to meet him today." Mirae suggested herself. Then she looked at Y/n, "so I won't be able to get in without the keys ?"