― 3 : prince of ravaryn

―*―*―

𝑆𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑑𝑖𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡.
𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑎𝑓𝑒.

―*―*―

"Are you usually this mannerless?" He questioned again which made Y/n flinch and look up to him.

"P-prince, she is-

"Don't answer when you're not asked" the prince replied to Mirae and turned to Y/n again.

"I'm Ahn Y/n, and I'm from a d-different place." Y/n replied.

"I see, what brings you here, Miss Y/n?"

"I came with Mirae to explore the place."

The Prince nodded in agreement then he flashed a bright smile at her and continued, "You can come here often. I'd like to know more about you. I'll take my leave today."

And with that he turned around and started walking away.

Mirae leaned in towards Y/n and whispered loud enough for the prince to hear, "Is he in love with you or what? Why would he want to meet you again?"

"Miss Shim, you must be aware of the fact that I can clearly hear you. In that context, you should focus more on your lessons than my personal matters." The prince replied with a sly smile.

Mirae looked with a slight grin on her face. And mouthed 'Boy's in love' before pulling Y/n along with her back home.

"Tell me about the prince, Mirae" Y/n questioned watering the plants in the small open courtyard with Mirae.

"Aye? You got some interest in him? Love at first sight, is it?"

"I just wanted to know about him, nothing else." Y/n mouthed with a pout.

'It always starts with that' whispered Mirae.

"That was Prince Yang Jungwon. The second son of the King Of Ravaryn. He's loyal and sweet hearted however....there are recently very serious rumours rising about him" Mirae continued,

"A few days ago a palace guard was found dead in front of the prince's room. Not only that, it was said that even a maid died a few days ago when she touched the vessels used by the prince. Previously the Queen passed away in her sleep one day, and guess what? Prince jungwon was found lying unconscious in the same room. He was in the same state for quite a few days! People believed that he had killed his own mother! But it's not totally believable for the prince was the closest to his mother. he was appreciated by the whole kingdom for his skills, but somehow situations turned out bad and now most of the people of the kingdom consider him to be a 'cursed lad'. Poor boy must hide his pain"

Y/n felt her heart drop a bit. Deep inside guilt and pity filled her heart. Prince Jungwon seemed to be a good guy and she couldn't just get herself to imagine a sad face on him! But then again, who was she to judge ? After all she had only seen the prince for a few minutes and with that mask on his face, she had not really seen his face.

"Have you ever seen his face ?" She questioned.

"I did, a few times, though from a distance, although he wants to get close to his people, commoners really don't get to be close to him much" Mirae said.