― 2 : new world

―*―*―

𝑇𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑇𝑟𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑙? 𝑁𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑒? 𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠? 𝑜𝑟 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑦?
𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑚 𝑖 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔?

―*―*―

When she opened her eyes again, she found herself in a forest; tall canopies surrounded her, the tint of bright sunlight visible from the corner of the shady trees, the birds seemed to be immersed in their own melody. She held the book tightly to herself and looked around.

"Where am I? How did I end up here?" Y/n panicked as she started moving around in search of a path that would at least lead her to somewhere away from the forest.

"Wait, that light that must be somewhere here" she spoke as she turned around to look for it, but found nothing! There was no trace of any such thing as that.

"No no, this is all a dream, yeah, I'm just having realistic dreams from lack of sleep" she said to herself as her eyes panicked.

"You must be kidding me! Am I dreaming?!" she scoffed and looked around thinking it's all a dream and then proceeding to pinch herself and then muttering an 'ouch'.

"First I get absolute weird dreams, then I find a stupid book which prints writings all of a sudden and then I discover this strange light and being an absolute dumbhead, I decide to follow it and then finally end up in an unknown place all by myself. Nice!" She exclaimed sarcastically and looked around.

"Did you hear about the palace guard?"a voice came from a little far, which startled the lonely Y/n.

She leaned in and slowly followed to see where it came from and to her surprise discovered two old men walking across the path, each carrying a load of wood on their backs.

'Wait, isn't it the 21st century? Who carries loads like that? And what's with those clothes? Where the hell am I actually?!' y/n thought to herself and finally made up her mind to follow the old men. She carefully followed them while listening to their conversation.

"Prince Jungwon shouldn't come out, now I truly believe he's a curse!" Replied the second man.

"Don't blame the poor boy, there must be something that he faces which the others don't know of" protested the first man.

"Oh dear, you'll always take his side, but-

He stopped and turned around. And looked around suspiciously and yelled,

"WHO'S THAT?! SHOW YOURSELF"

Being startled by the sudden change in speech, she slowly came out of her hiding and faced the two old men.

They were left in awe;never had they seen such an outfit as 'pajamas'. They looked at her strangely as if she were some strange being from out of the world.

"Who are you and what do you need dear?" The first man cried.

Y/n slowly and hesitantly went on to explain the story and everything that happened to her but the men didn't seem to have believed her.

"I think you're from a far off country. If you don't have a place to stay, you can stay with my family for a while" offered the first man and without any further notice they proceeded. Y/n, feeling glad about it, slowly followed the two men.