― 14 : in trouble

―*―*―

𝑖 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒
𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡;
𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑠 𝑜𝑢𝑡,
ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑒 𝑎 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑑!

*―*―

"What?!" Mirae confusedly questioned.

"You heard me."

"Why do you suddenly remember and realize things late at night." Mirae yawned.

"Because that's the time when I think." Y/n mocked.

"What are you? An owl? To stay up till late at night." Mirae replied while rubbing her eyes.

"Mirae!!" Y/n exclaimed again and Mirae jumped a bit.

"Stop whisper-yelling, will you? If grandma sees us awake this late at night, we're going to get in trouble!" Mirae whispered.

"Do you know the palace well?" Y/n questioned.

"I'm not a regular visitor of the palace, so obviously no."

"Something at least?!"

"Uh, yeah, probably" Mirae answered back quite unsurely.

"Okay, that will do."

"What are we going to do?"

"Let's go visit-

"Shh, don't say it." Mirae interrupted Y/n placing her finger on her lips as if she had telepathically known what she would further say.

"I'm not getting into trouble this late at night. If we get caught somehow, we're going to rot in that prison of the palace. Nah nah, no, no, no, I am not taking such a risk"

"You do realize that tomorrow he'll be given that same drink, do you? And if he has been given it for a long time, he must have been internally sick." Y/n argued.

"I don't even know what he has been given, all you say is that he is being poisoned. What kind is it? And its origin, I know nothing about it."

"You were the one who gave me the hint! Remember the day when you said someone was being poisoned?! You were correct! But it was not the King as I had stated earlier, it's Jungwon who was being poisoned." Y/n replied.

"But-

"I dreamt of it, Mirae! That day, what you heard me say, that's exactly what I dreamt about, and not only that, I had terrible nightmares about a particular incident which I'm unaware of!"

"I get it, but what if we get caught. Grandma will kill the soul out of me if we get caught-

"We'll just go to find it out today itself, it's better than being late and Riki! We can find him as well, he can help us!"