― 20 : reveal & revive

―*―*―

𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑡
𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑛 𝑢𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙
𝑤𝑜𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡, 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡?

―*―*―

"Give me one valid reason for which I should believe you" Y/n exclaimed.

"Well why can't you?! I never did anything bad to you!" He argued. "You'd have been in trouble if you were caught but I saved you! Today, I returned your precious possession and you say I do not have a valid reason?!"

Y/n didn't answer back for she knew it was the truth.

"Did Jungwon really come to get you out of danger?! Did he-

"Stop, that's not the problem now! I need to find my girl before something bad happens to her!" Y/n replied not wanting to further argue on the matter.

"Go ahead." He replied with a smirk and left.

Jungwon who had been listening to this conversation quietly came out and looked at her with a confused face as if he had not overheard them talking.

"What valid excuse must you give for your arrival here?"

"Uh..." Y/n nervously stared and explained the whole incident.

"Why do you never inform me before taking any step?!" Jungwon let out frustratingly.

"We had to hurry-

"Did you think they'd run off?! You dummy, if they wanted your help to read the book, they'd be in favour of you, not run and threaten you like this!" Jungwon replied.

"Oh, sorry" Y/n replied, realizing how she had hurried and skipped steps. "But what to do about Mirae?"

"She would be somewhere in this palace"

"How are you so sure?"

"You'll see, let's find Riki."

"But his house is-

"He is in the palace, I know that." Jungwon replied and Y/n confusedly looked at him.

When Mirae woke up, she found herself not in a dark room. It was kind of a storage place and a few torches were dimly lit. (Torches are wood structures which are burnt to produce fire).

A small window opened up to the outside which clearly showed that she was kept in one of the cells at the back of an unknown building.

Her tied hands and legs tried to reach each other and free herself but then she let out a sigh of failure and her dull eyes looked around the place to find some help. But what she hadn't noticed was a figure standing near the door, glancing at her from time to time; it meant no harm but just kept a check on her.

She turned around still struggling with the tied limbs and saw someone staring at her.

"Oye, grumpy man, why did you bring me here?" She questioned with the confidence in her voice.