― 24 : yet expected

―*―*―

ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒
𝑠𝑜 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢?
𝑑𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑤𝑒 𝑚𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 ?

―*―*―

"Damn, Riki, I didn't expect you to come" Mirae exclaimed loudly but then she was shushed by Y/n. It was probably almost 9 o'clock at night and the two girls stood still near the back door of the palace, patiently waiting for the prince when he saw Riki come the same way.

"Aye, you start bickering the moment the boy comes ?" Y/n exclaimed, earning a bitterly satisfied look from Riki.

"It's fun to tease him," Mirae replied and laughed.

"Did you come with weapons, Riki ?" Y/n questioned to which the boy shook his head.

"I'll go inside the palace to bring the Prince." Riki informed and the two girls nodded in agreement.

Riki walked along the empty halls inside the palace, his own footsteps accompanying him. He wasn't quite okay, he was worried about his mother, worried about his decisions but then taking care of the prince was his duty. A duty that he himself had volunteered to follow and he couldn't back off.

He continued to walk up the stairs and then into another corridor still being spaced out from all the thoughts until he noticed the shadow of shoes in front of him.

The boy looked up and saw Prince Mark.

"You seem to be in a hurry," Mark smirked.

"Yes Prince, have some work" Riki pretended.

"Yeah, I can see that, extremely packed"

"With your permission, I may leave," Riki pleaded.

"Yes, surely, you may leave forever," Mark replied.

Riki bowed once again and walked past the prince whose gaze never left him until he turned to the corner and he peeped back to see the prince nod his head and leave. Riki let out a sigh of relief.

"Why are you here like a ghost ?"
Someone whispered behind his back and the startled boy jumped and turned round but immediately bowed down when he noticed Prince Jungwon.

"I-I didn't see you there, Prince." Riki explained.

"Are you a ghost or what ? You make absolutely no sound while walking '' jungwon joked.

"Are you prepared to go, Prince ?"

"You've recently become extremely boring, Riki, yes, I'm prepared." Jungwon replied.

Riki bowed at his beloved prince one last time before he finally escorted him safely.

"Aish, did Riki fall asleep or what ? What's taking him so long, damn !" Y/n whined while still sitting on the cold grass.