― 6 : sunsets & secrets

―*―*―

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑅𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑦, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑛𝑠,
𝐼'𝑚 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒, 𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑎𝑚 𝐼 𝑎 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒?

―*―*―

"This. Is. Beautiful!" Y/n exclaimed as she looked around the beautiful green fields that lay ahead of her.

The few mountains and hills at a distance and the birds chirping along the cloudy path in the skies, singing their own sweet escalated them to a divine presence.

"Glad you liked it." The Prince smiled.

"I-OH MY GOD" y/n exclaimed as she felt the Prince descend the horse. The sudden absence of him behind her made her nervous.

"Calm down, young lady, I'm here, you won't fall" The Prince assured.

"Riki knows this kingdom better than anyone else. He'll show you beautiful places and protect you in my absence" he continued and Y/n looked at young Riki to notice how he was excited to be complimented.

The group climbed down from their horses,(Although Y/n was still not comfortable with horses) and they proceeded to walk their way. Riki led the two horses while Jungwon and Y/n followed behind through the rocky path.

Riki led the way steadily through the green fields and soon approached the river along which they made their way to the hills, Y/n and Jungwon followed behind.

"Who is Riki actually?" Y/n questioned.

"He's the son of the Head Maid of the palace, a wonderful lad."

"He indeed likes you a lot, his excitement was on another level when you ordered him to tag along" Y/n chuckled.

"I didn't expect you to notice that, I thought you were too busy with your imaginary conversations with those horses," Jungwon teased.

"Yah, it wasn't anything as such. Those horses were too high for me" Y/n protested.

"Did you expect them to be of your height or what?"

"Oye, I'm quite tall" Y/n protested and flipped her hair and Jungwon chuckled.

"I'm sorry to interfere, but would you like to watch the sunset?" Riki questioned, interrupting the talk.

"Is it possible? I've never seen the sunset from any other part of the kingdom before." The prince questioned.

"Yes, my prince, I'll take you somewhere! - I-I mean, only if you allow me to." Riki stated, but he immediately adopted a formal way once he remembered the superior person.

Jungwon didn't reply, instead he nodded his head in response and taking the signal, Riki proceeded with his journey.

"Can we trust Riki?" Y/n suddenly questioned, making Jungwon look confusedly at her.

"Why do you ask?"

"Ah, nothing, I have trust issues, don't bother yourself with it" Y/n laughed off. Although dissatisfied, Jungwon just went along with the flow.