― 7 : suspicious stares

―*―*―

𝑆𝑢𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑐𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝑢𝑠
𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑝,
𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑢𝑒𝑟𝑝𝑣𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑑!

―*―*―

"You met Riki? Wait, really?" Mirae questioned with wide eyes.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?"

"No, I mean, it's that, since the death of the palace guard, Riki has not quite been seen."

"So, what's your word basically?"

"Uh" Mirae looked around the place, she looked carefully and proceeded closer to Y/n and whispered softly, "there are people who believe that Riki might have been somehow involved with the death of the guard."

"WHA-

Mirae signalled Y/n to lower her voice.

"What? Really?" Y/n whispered.

"Yeah, probably, but he's quite strong for his age, he's talented and skilled." Mirae exclaimed.

"Oh, so now someone's in love, aye" Y/n spoke casually.

"What? No! Shut it, why would I, huh?"

"Calm down lady, I was joking, no need to get excited." Y/n laughed and saw Mirae's cheeks turn slightly red.

"Well, maybe it won't be a joke" Y/n joked again and Mirae smacked her shoulder playfully.

"Ay, what do you feed on? Why so strong?" Y/n questioned while dramatically rubbing her shoulder.

"Want that smack on your face?"Mirae joked and they both laughed.

It was late at night and the two girls sat at one corner of the open so-called 'garden'. They sat in front of the fireplace. The moon shone bright in the sky. The atmosphere was calm and quiet.

"Where do you come from, Y/n?"Mirae questioned, making Y/n look at her. "I do not know much about you. All you brought here was a damn book."

"Oh, I come from Seoul."

"Seoul? Where's that?"

"Have you never heard of Seoul?" Y/n questioned, being astonished.

"Nope, never. So, tell me, where is it?"

"Uh, well, it's far away from here." Y/n said, not wanting to go into any further discussion about it.

Mirae understood the uneasiness and decided to change the subject.

"So, did you say, there might be conflicting situations between Yang Jungwon and Yang Mark?" Mirae questioned again.

"When did you start calling them by their names, huh?"