― 8 : photograph

―*―*―

𝐿𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑝ℎ𝑜𝑡𝑜
𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 𝑢𝑠

―*―*―

"A came-what?"

"For the last time Mirae, a camera!"

"Yeah yeah, that's something I've never heard of" Mirae stated sarcastically.

"But-

"Are you talking about the obscura?" Mirae quickly responded.

"A what now ?"

"It's the thing which is called a camel obscura"

"For the last time in the world, it's a camera!!" Y/n shouted and Mirae shot an innocent look.

"So yeah, why do you need that?"

"To find evidence obviously!" Y/n exclaimed and Mirae shot her a puzzled look.

"Why would you use a caram-camel-uh, whatever that is, to find evidence?" Y/n exclaimed frustratedly.

"It's a camera! Don't you know what it's used for?"

"Uh, no?"

Y/n let out a deep sigh. Oh lord! How she wished she had her phone with her so that she could just click on the screen and boom! Her picture would be captured.

After an hour or so of Y/n explaining what in the world a camera is, Mirae let out a joyful laugh!

"Ooh! Now I understand what the camel does!"

Y/n shot her a 'are you serious' look and she smiled innocently.

"I'm just gonna stop correcting you" y/n said and Mirae laughed.

"Let's ask Riki if he knows something about it or not," Mirae exclaimed.

Y/n nodded her head and response and followed Mirae out of the house.

They walked through the crowded Rialto and into the main streets. Y/n felt this place to be lively! There were traders all around and people from all over the place gathered to buy goods.

Y/n noticed something in a merchant shop and pulled Mirae.

"What are you trying to do?" Mirae whispered.

"I saw it here!"

"Wha-

"Hello ladies, may I help you with something?" The shop owner questioned.

"Can we see the obscura?" Y/n responded.

The shop owner nodded and brought out a darkened box with a convex lens or aperture for projecting the image of an external object onto a screen inside, a forerunner of the modern camera.