― 9 : attacked

―*―*―

𝐵𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑝 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒!
𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑢𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑑!

―*―*―

"Aye, Riki, slow down a bit!" Y/N's voice echoed through the place. Riki looked back at Y/n who was far behind him and he sat down on a trunk waiting for the girl.
What was the reason behind coming to the forest?

"You want to go to the forest?" Jungwon let out a baffled look. Y/n nodded her head in response.

"But why?"

"Uh, the day I came in here, I lost my,uh, my bracelet somewhere in the forest and I'm scared to go there alone..." Y/n somehow managed to make up a lie and Jungwon seemed to have believed in her.
It has been almost a month since she had been in this place and now she was determined to find a way out of the place.
She wanted to go back to the forest to check for the whereabouts of the mysterious lights.

Prince Jungwon thought for some time and nodded his head slightly in a disapproving way.

"Come on, can't I go?" Y/n whined.

"What if you get into danger?"

"Oh come on, you're not my boyfriend and I'm not a baby!"

"Boy-what?" Jungwon questioned with another baffled expression.

"Uh, I'll explain later"

"Okay, let Riki accompany you" Jungwon finally came to the conclusion.

Y/n nodded her head happily.

Soon, the three youngsters stood before the palace gates, and as Y/n proceeded, Jungwon pulled Riki to a corner.
"Make sure you both are safe"

"Yes prince."

"I'm putting my trust in you, Riki."

"Yes, Prince." Riki's voice came out comparatively low and although Jungwon did notice it, he didn't say anything.

"Alright then, go ahead, I'll meet you here before sunset. Don't stay there after dark" The Prince announced.

That's how these two ended up in the forest.

"Out of all the paths, why did you just decide to take the forest?!" Riki whined.

"Stop complaining and take me there."

Riki stood up and stomped his feet and putting his hands on his waist he exclaimed,

"Excuse me? How do you think I'm supposed to know from which direction you came?!"

"OH! OHHHHHHHHHH" Y/N exclaimed as the sudden realisation hit her.

"So?"

"Uh, maybe we'll look, t-that way, I'm sure." Y/n exclaimed nervously and pointed her hand somewhere in a random direction. Riki's eyes followed her hand and he looked at the direction and turned to Y/n and raised an eyebrow, "You sure?"

"Yeah boy! Follow me!" Y/n spoke, the spark of enthusiasm glittering in her eyes.