― 25 : game of fate

―*―*―

𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑣𝑜𝑖𝑑 𝑓𝑎𝑡𝑒,
𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑝𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠
𝑜𝑓 𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑖𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑚𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

―*―*―

"B-But did you see the person you shot him ?" Mirae struggled to speak while holding the lifeless boy in her hands.

"I'm sure it was Mark." Y/n replied.

"Huh?"

"Prince Mark, my brother..." Jungwon whispered.

"So....you knew ?" Y/n questioned with an astonished voice.

"I just figured i-it out," Jungwon explained.

"Are you going to stay silent after all this, prince ?" Mirae sternly questioned but then she broke down again, "Are you not going to stand up for yourself, for us ?"

"We shall proceed back to the palace" The prince suggested.

"But him....what shall we say to his mother ? Explaining everything must come to a reveal" y/n shuttered, not actually wanting to face Riki's mother or rather she wasn't ready to reveal who she was.

Riki was the first one she had revealed her true identity to and although she wanted to reveal it to Jungwon, the consequences would turn out to be harsh and she wasn't quite ready to take the responsibility.

She had to become selfish for it; she wasn't going to let anyone use her secret as her weakness and she knew even if Riki had been alive, he'd have never done it. But the one she feared was not Mark, but the King.

The King was in agreement with Mark and he was completely indoctrinated by him. He would do anything as long as Mark would instruct and Y/n's goal was to destroy that trust. She had to destroy it in order to save Jungwon and herself.

"I'll carry him, Mirae, could you help me ?" Jungwon suggested in a dark tone and he bent down and sat on the ground. How ironic it was for the Prince of the Kingdom to sit on the ground to carry someone but after all that's what affection is, one of the strongest bonds in the world, and Jungwon was still not over with the loss of the boy.

Mirae helped Jungwon carry the boy and Y/n stood still, staring at Riki's small eyes which would never be opened again. The one who had helped her would no longer be there for her. It was a hard fact to digest but after all, she couldn't be in such a state forever, she had to move on.

They walked through the forest, crushing the rusted leaves fallen on the ground with their feet. Jungwon walked before Y/n who was being supported by Mirae. But then Y/n stopped.

"Do you think it is safe for us to go in a hassle ?"

"What do you mean ?" Jungwon stopped.

"Since we know what all this is about, we might be in danger if we just randomly go"

"So what plan do you have ?" Mirae questioned.