― 17 : the rescue

―*―*―

𝑑𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒 ;
𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑔𝑢𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓
𝑖𝑛 𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑦

―*―*―

"Are we really going to leave?" Mirae whispered amidst the crowd.

"Bet you! Slowly proceed forward and close the doors and let no one escape" Y/n suggested.

"What are we going to do?"

"Since we know the truth, we'll reveal it." Y/n replied with an unstable heart rate. This was going one way hell, if everything didn't work out well, Y/n would probably like to dig up her grave in the palace garden.

"If you do anything, you may get your head chopped soon!" Mirae protested.

"What do you want me to do then?! Sit back and prepare cupcakes?! We can't let injustice take place when you know the truth." Y/n argued back.

"Okay, go ahead." Mirae replied after a pause.

Y/n nodded and Mirae proceeded to slowly push the huge door.

"Uh-hello!" Mirae whispered to one of the guards guarding the main door.

"Mind if I close the doors?" She questioned sweetly.

"Obviously yes." He replied.

"Well dang, sorry for that, I ain't listening to you." Mirae shrugged and slowly pushed the door to close it while the guards stood still with profound shock.

The sudden movement of the huge doors affected the inner atmosphere and plenty of heads turned towards the direction to see the huge doors closing and ran across the room to protest.

"Uh, excuse me! Everyone stop! Everyone here is a suspect of murder" Y/n raised her voice to make sure she was audible to the mass.

"How dare you interrupt me?!" The King raised his voice and soon the guards surrounded the two girls.

Jungwon was absolutely astonished by her sudden outburst but he remembered his promise of not interrupting her. He didn't have the power to stop his father either, he was a victim at the moment.

"Oye, wait, uh-, I'm so sorry, but I-I am here for a re-reason." She explained nervously trying not to be beheaded before the main explanation.

Jungwon sighed not knowing what would happen.

Y/n has always been like that, she always took sudden decisions but because of this quality she had saved the day many times.

"And who are you, young lady?" Questioned the King, signaling his men to back off.

"I-I am a-uh, uh, I-
Y/n shuttered. After all, she had never introduced herself clearly in this place before. She didn't realize how to. She eyed Mirae who muttered something which was not quite understood by Y/n but when she realized she replied with a sudden jerk, "A detective!"