Chapter 29: Meridians

Gu Lin Fang's expression didn't change at all, as he stared at the kneeling man before him.

He had just explained everything to Gu Ji Hung, starting from his wife's death to the 'awakening' of the Clan's bloodline, up to this very moment.

He watched his every action, ready to kill. should Gu Ji Hung criticize him, Gu Lin Fang would have wasted him immediately without letting anyone know.

After all, he was presently in need of an exquisite corpse puppet after giving the first one to Li Cheng.

But now without any change in expression, Gu Ji Hung pulled out  an odd looking pagoda and spoke solemnly, "When you distracted the Lu clan scum, we managed to repel the Wu's for a few minutes.

That was when Fei Huang, along with other guest elders stormed the treasury. They killed everyone they bumped into, making us unable to notice the change.

They ransacked the place and that was when the enemy returned with more people.

I made my escape with Ji Bei and Ji wan, we managed to lead away 15 of youths but the only thing left behind in the treasury by those traitors was this pagoda.

At first, I thought it was trash but then the Wu and Lu clans have chased us repeatedly over it.

So I felt it wasn't so simple as we imagined".

"This..." Gu Lin Fang collected it from him and used <Sensing> on it. Immediately a huge amount of Qi was sucked in and it's information summary came out.

________
[Demon Suppressing Pagoda:

Grade: Purple (Damaged)

A sealing item used in suppressing weapons, Warriors, Beasts, Formations as long as you have the necessary amount of Qi.

Due to its damaged state, it's presently useless and everything within gone.

Content: (0/0)

Repair method: gathering of souls (341/1000)]

__________

His eyes flashed with a dangerous glint, 'a treasure! Although it's presently useless. But he doesn't know that, I might as well use this to trick him'.

"Demon Suppressing Pagoda!" Gu Lin Fang's expression changed as he looked at Gu Ji Hung with a surprised expression.

"W... What do you mean?" Gu ji Hung was surprised at the thought of this being associated with Demon.

He looked at Gu Lin Fang who now had a flushed face, "looks like I have been on the right path all along, our clan isn't that simple Ji Hung!!"

"Haha! Think about it, why else would our blood line only get unlocked by practicing Demon Techniques?"He kept speaking with a laugh as he approached the dazed old man.

After a few excited laughs, Gu Lin Fang's expression became dull, he looked so sad as he said in anger, "I think, our clan was derailed the moment we started to practice the cultivation method given to us back then!.

The same met... same technique we were so proud of for many years!".

Gu Ji Hung wasn't any different as his shoulders fell, "This... this!"

For some reason, He suddenly thought about how powerful Gu Lin Fang was during the auction and couldn't help coming to one conclusion as he back pedalled to his seat, 'good good good... our Gu clan has... really!'.

"Calm down Ji Hung, you know better than to be like this, all we have to do is find out the secrets hidden in this pagoda and we'll know what those cockroaches are really after!" Gu Lin Fang didn't have any choice than to rouse his fighting spirit when he saw the old man looking like he would die any second due to shock.

'Don't you dare, such important resource...from his Aura, you can tell he's just a hair's breath away from breaking into the Nascent soul realm!. It would be such a waste if I didn't use you thoroughly.

All that's holding him back now should be bloodline, he's definitely a kind of talent to get to this level with that trashy cultivation technique.

How do I do this?...' As he was thinking, he soon figured out the reason Ji Hung was stuck.

He looked at Gu Ji Hung one more time before saying "Come with me"

He lifted his feet and walked away, Gu Lin Fang couldn't help feeling like he just found a new toy.

Gu ji Hung on the other hand blinked repeatedly as he asked, "what are you going to do again?!!".

Suddenly feeling like they were back to his childhood days of always chasing after Gu Lin Fang.

"To awaken your Gu clan's hidden bloodline, just like me".

"..."

__________________

Down at the basement, Gu Lin Fang looked at Gu Ji Hung whom was admiring the Spirit gathering array and couldn't help shaking his head.

"Ji Hung, come..." He called out while pulling out his cauldron. He changed it's size once again, making it fit for an adult male.

Using his Qi, he ignited it's ignition as a mysterious flame lit up the runes on its body.

Gu Ji Hung looked on in awe as Gu Lin Fang busied himself.

Honestly, there was another reason why Gu Lin Fang wanted to do this fake test.

Earlier when he was refining the corpse puppet, he noticed he could find traces of meridians on the body. During his further studies on this world's combat system, He noticed something about meridians.

Meridian System was another method of cultivation and growing in this world, it's linked with the already existing cultivation manual system.

Accessing and cultivating these meridian channels allow the Martial artist to boost their body's abilities even more than Internal and Combat technique cultivation.

Activating and mastering more meridians can not only boost abilities, but also change the way martial artists set up skills altogether.

Because of the added bonuses that one can gains from the cultivation of Meridians, they can prove to be a mighty vantage in a battle with someone of slightly stronger basic skills.

Meridians hold some great power, more than what is generally made to be, but it takes a lot of practice to harness it.

Fighting and focus on one's skills can lead on the path to an even more powerful and faster Martial Arts Master.

Although it's a kind of open secret hoarded by the different noble clans, it still doesn't stop others from accidentally harnessing it.

For instance, Gu Ji Hung...

Gu Lin Fang has always wondered about it secrets ever since he looked through the tutorial. Now he has a living specimen, why wouldn't he try to find out more.

Gu ji Hung was someone who came from the Gu clan, which had either Yin, Yin air, Yang, Yang fire, Soft, Soft earth spirit roots.

The world system has already stated that this spirit roots would not be able to amount to much when learning martial arts that were against their nature.

But then, it contradicts itself when it came to Gu Ji Hung, who practiced the Wudang sect's {Breeze sword} technique.

It's one of the only skills in Wudang sect that's yin but Gu Ji Hung's spirit root is Soft (Earth).

That wasn't all, aside from the measly 24 meridians and 3 accupoints one could 'accidentally' unlock with the Gu clan's cultivation method, Gu Ji Hung now has almost 50 meridians unlocked and 5 major accupoints.

Compared to him, Gu Lin Fang was somewhat lacking

"It's ready, enter the cauldron... I'll use my Qi to support you" Gu Lin Fang says without looking up.

"Oh ... okay"

Obviously, Gu Lin Fang's main intention is to inspect the other party's body with his Qi.